PDA

View Full Version : Technique question

2wookies
08-14-2017, 08:20 PM
Curious what people do for multi stage jobs to be efficient. Meaning, do you do the entire cut portion then do the entire polish then jewel phase? Or do you do all 2 or 3 stages per panel as you go? I've always done the entire car in phases, but the last multi stage job I did tried doing all stages per panel and it seemed quicker or it just felt knew so I liked it.

Kamakaz1961
08-14-2017, 08:39 PM
I do the compounding the whole car 1st. Polishing 2nd. LSP 3rd.

Rsurfer
08-14-2017, 09:13 PM
Changing pads and polish after every panel is not what I consider an effective way. Oh, and keeping your mf towels separate.

dlc95
08-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Funny you should ask that.

I have two Rupes Duettos, and Mini's.

I was toying with the idea of setting up one pair with cutting pads, and one with polishing pads with the other, and seal with 808 Protective Sealant once done with the panel....

Jury is still out if I'm going to do it though...

Rsurfer
08-14-2017, 09:34 PM
Funny you should ask that.

I have two Rupes Duettos, and Mini's.

I was toying with the idea of setting up one pair with cutting pads, and one with polishing pads with the other, and seal with 808 Protective Sealant once done with the panel....

Jury is still out if I'm going to do it though...

A lot of taping between panels.

chet31
08-15-2017, 05:32 AM
If you waited until the point you were going to change your compounding pad, and then switched to polishing, you wouldn't lose much efficiency. The advantage to this approach might be that your compound would not have a chance to dry up as much and would be easier to remove.