PDA

View Full Version : Detailing right!

Jman136
08-13-2017, 11:28 PM
So, I took all of your advice and ordered a Porter Cable DA. I'm excited, and can't wait to use it. I have watched quite a few videos on how to use it, and I bought a book as well. I also picked up a hood with black pint from my local body shop that is in pretty good shape. I will practice on that before attempting it on my car.

what are your thoughts on a car wash that your car goes through on the guard rail system and is hand washed as it does so? The car is preped well prior to going through, and it appears that clean wash mitts are used. I wash my car by hand, but I need to find a decent car wash for winter. My vehicle is also white, so I think the color is a little more forgiving.

how often do you all wash your cars?

Buster906
08-14-2017, 05:44 AM
So, I took all of your advice and ordered a Porter Cable DA. I'm excited, and can't wait to use it. I have watched quite a few videos on how to use it, and I bought a book as well. I also picked up a hood with black pint from my local body shop that is in pretty good shape. I will practice on that before attempting it on my car.

what are your thoughts on a car wash that your car goes through on the guard rail system and is hand washed as it does so? The car is preped well prior to going through, and it appears that clean wash mitts are used. I wash my car by hand, but I need to find a decent car wash for winter. My vehicle is also white, so I think the color is a little more forgiving.

how often do you all wash your cars?If you must use a car wash, go to a bay where you can wash at your leisure. Use the pressure washer to wet your vehicle and two bucket wash method. This way you know clean wash media is being used and proper technique. Good for you buying a practice hood.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk