PDA

View Full Version : The Edge2000 wave pad with UDM

tommy
12-17-2007, 01:00 PM
My badluck again, During i polished on the door panel with UDM on speed 6, i felt the spining of the pad is not normal and then i stop working and looking at manchine and i found this on the pad...has anyone use edge pad and happening like this..?

budman3
12-17-2007, 01:47 PM
You surely aren't the first to have this problem. Contact AG (if you bought it from them) and they'll take care of you. If you bought it elsewhere contact Edge... thankfully they stand behind their products.

justin_murphy
12-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Yep contact AG and speak to Meghan. There are more and more of these failures happening. I have not idea what is going on. I do know that orange ones are the worse.
I do know that EDGE and AG stand behind these pads!

rwisejr
12-17-2007, 05:14 PM
I thought they recommended not to use the edge system with the UDM due to severe vibrations which will cause what happend ? Thats why there is no edge and UDM packages !

tommy
12-18-2007, 10:32 AM
thanks, i bougth it from AG then i will contact meghan. so has it happenning on edge with the PC?.

anyway, i thinking of to order bp 6' is it ok for UDM? or is it better than bp 5' if i used with CCS pad 6.5'?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
12-18-2007, 11:16 AM
While some edge pads have separated on the PC, the Edge pads have a higher propensity to fail as a result of the "increased" power of the UDM.

The Edge
12-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Yep contact AG and speak to Meghan. There are more and more of these failures happening. I have not idea what is going on. I do know that orange ones are the worse.
I do know that EDGE and AG stand behind these pads!

While some edge pads have separated on the PC, the Edge pads have a higher propensity to fail as a result of the "increased" power of the UDM.

Sorry to contradict these posts but this is happening LESS and LESS in fact since we seriously upgraded the plate and process to withstand much more abuse many months ago. We know of many people using the UDM with the Edge system with great success and UDM themselves are looking into a full line up of Edge2000 pads and adapters for their machine as well. If you have any problems with the pads, adapters, or system, please contact Autogeek and it will be resolved as it will probably be an older pad and AG and Edge stand behind the product 110%

Meghan
12-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Give me a call.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
12-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Sorry to contradict these posts but this is happening LESS and LESS in fact since we seriously upgraded the plate and process to withstand much more abuse many months ago. We know of many people using the UDM with the Edge system with great success and UDM themselves are looking into a full line up of Edge2000 pads and adapters for their machine as well. If you have any problems with the pads, adapters, or system, please contact Autogeek and it will be resolved as it will probably be an older pad and AG and Edge stand behind the product 110%

So this didn't occur moreso when paired with the UDM as opposed to the PC?

I also believe the advent of the Edge pads/adapters made for the UDM was in direct response to said issues..

This is what my research has shown..........

tommy
12-18-2007, 12:18 PM

my personally, happy the result of using Edge system with UDM every time that i used. but never thought it will fails like this and its also adapter its self.

i had another 4 Edge pad in my collection & still want to use it anyway.

thanks for AG & Edge that fully support & service on the product.