PDA

View Full Version : Is Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance the best wax / sealant in the world?

Pages : [1] 2 3

HU11LK
08-13-2017, 06:33 AM
I've tried just about every wax / sealant there is.

For looks, durability, protection, price, I've looked long and hard, tried all of them on a variety of cars/colours

I've used plenty of sealants / waxes that look good on certain colours but Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance works well on a large variety of colours and is show car worthy in looks....and it lasts!! And lasts!!

ive tried plenty of others and some look great but don't last long or others last long but don't look so great. Or others just cost way too much for little benefit in looks. For instance Blackfire Wet Diamond looks amazing on black, best I've ever seen but on a mid blue looked flat, no depth. Also it's durability is average.

Then there is the protection. If any birds bomb the car, with Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance just hose it off. I've tried Zaino and meguiars ultimate, it doesn't resist too well, basically need to reapply wax.

for me it's Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance, its nearest challengers are likely Collinite 476 and then Collinite 845

thoughts? Any challengers??

dennis hiip
08-13-2017, 08:08 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has feedback on the PA Carnauba.Specifically the Centurion for black

davidc
08-13-2017, 09:04 AM
I can't argue the point of the best but it is very good. I did the daughters dark maroon car last summer with 476 in Minot ND as her husband is stationed there. When we came up here this year the car was filthy so I did a no rinse cleanup. I do not think that car was touched since last July when the 476 was applied but it sure looked good after the cleanup. So it went over a year thru the snow,salt,sand and rain. This year I am going the 915 route and see how it turns out. I just re-waxed the 32' 5th wheel RV with 885 which was done approx. 14 Months ago and did not have to break out the compound, wool pad and rotary for the first time so I am happy with that. As far as I am concerned any of the Collinite products perform as advertised.

Dave

dlc95
08-13-2017, 11:16 AM
I'm looking to replace my Zymol waxes with 915. Good to see how people like it.

I had an old tin, but a friend wanted it REALLY badly, so I sold it to him. I got to use it once, and it was fantastic.

FUNX650
08-13-2017, 11:55 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_32422.JPG

Thanks for all of your kind
words: They are appreciated!

"Old Man Collins"

:)

Kamakaz1961
08-13-2017, 01:35 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has feedback on the PA Carnauba.Specifically the Centurion for black

I use PA Products and IMO Centurion is one of the best liquid waxes out there PERIOD! As for the OP regarding Collinite 915...there are better IMO but that is just an opinion. Centurion is a good example.

Rsurfer
08-13-2017, 02:30 PM
There are better for ease of application that's for sure.

Route246
08-13-2017, 05:15 PM
A friend was cleaning out his stock and gave me a tin of 915. I'll try it the next time I'm going to use 476.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidc
08-13-2017, 05:27 PM
There are better for ease of application that's for sure.

Really ?. I just did a test panel on the daughters car and forgot how easy 915 went on, kind of like spreading soft butter. Now I know removal can sometimes be a problem mostly from applying to much or sometimes weather related such as humidity. The test panel (Hood) did turn out nice tho.

Dave

Rsurfer
08-13-2017, 05:31 PM
Really ?. I just did a test panel on the daughters car and forgot how easy 915 went on, kind of like spreading soft butter. Now I know removal can sometimes be a problem mostly from applying to much or sometimes weather related such as humidity. The test panel (Hood) did turn out nice tho.

Dave
I must say in defense of 915, you can't beat the value..12 oz for 32 bucks, is a lot of wax for the money.:props:

BudgetPlan1
08-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Generally not a wax guy so gave away my barely used WG Fuzion, Dodo Purple Haze and Pinnacle Souveran.

I kept Collinite 915.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Dr Oldz
08-13-2017, 05:47 PM
I have many many waxes. 915 is truly an awesome product. I often get asked what wax would I choose if I could only choose one. 915 is always in the answer. If you can, try thinly machine applying this. The thin layer that a machine can put down makes removal a breeze.

ebo
08-13-2017, 06:19 PM
When I was a kid (60's) we lived 6 houses from the Collinite plant. On garbage night we would go through the trash cans for any thrown out wax for our bikes. They were the tin cans just like he has on his desk, I remember he always had Cadillac's.
I still live nearby and still go to the building to buy their products.

Kamakaz1961
08-13-2017, 06:50 PM
When I was a kid (60's) we lived 6 houses from the Collinite plant. On garbage night we would go through the trash cans for any thrown out wax for our bikes. They were the tin cans just like he has on his desk, I remember he always had Cadillac's.
I still live nearby and still go to the building to buy their products.

That is very cool story!

HU11LK
08-13-2017, 07:08 PM
I applied collinite 915 using a microfibre applicator. It went on real thin and was a breeze to buff off. Did the whole car too before buffing. I applied in a garage.

Car looks tops. Ill take a pic tonight and post up