PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Dales16Challenger
08-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Hello all, I have been meaning to sign up on this forum for a long time finally did it. Just would like to learn some techniques using da buffer, what is the best products to use. Thanks

DaveT435
08-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Welcome. If you go to the how to section on the store page there are videos on how to do most things, that's a good place to start.

As far as best products to use...get ready for about 20 different opinions. I usually recommend new people keep it simple at first. Get one compound. I recommend Menzerna FG400 it's a very versatile product and paired with the proper pad should do about anything you need it to. It's also a very nice finishing compound. To refine the paint a little more and get more gloss I would recommend one polish, Ootimum HyperPolish. It's a very versatile polish. The amount of cut it gives you depends on what pad you use. On almost any paint if you put it on a finishing pad it will give you as much gloss as most finishing polishes.

That's a good place to start, as you learn more and get practice you will probably buy different compounds and polishes.

What kind of machine do you have, and do you have pads already??

Kamakaz1961
08-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Welcome to AGO! You will learn a lot from here. I suggest getting one of Mike Phillips how to books. You will learn a lot from it!

Paul A.
08-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Welcome Dale! First question is...what will you be working on? Lemme guess...2016 Challenger? Lots to learn here and plenty of opinions and favorites but the fun part is finding out over time what you like best. It's ALWAYS a good idea to research as much as you can with articles, Mike Phillips books, video etc etc.

Again, welcome to the club!!!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-11-2017, 07:38 AM
Hi Dale, Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

Pats300zx
08-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Welcome to AGO Dale !!