PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning around window jams and weather stripping ???

wantboost
08-10-2017, 10:29 AM
What s the best / easiest way to clean the bottom of weather stripping inside and outside of the bottom of the window and can seem to get into all the creavases and around the window

Thx

Sean M at ShowShine
08-10-2017, 03:32 PM
small brush and APC, powerwash, folded microfiber... really anything

KirkH
08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Be careful with the power washer. It can tear the rubber weather stripping.

Brush or a Tornador is what I use. APC or Chemical Guys WipeOut Surface Cleaner if I am trying to remove polish or wax.

zero4
08-10-2017, 08:52 PM
I use a small brush and use it while washing the car. So use car wash soap with it.

ducksfan
08-10-2017, 10:19 PM
If less aggressive methods don't give you satisfactory results, I've had good results with Mothers Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner on a Magic Erasure pad. Watch the edges of your paint though. You might want to tape off if you can't avoid them.

Paul A.
08-11-2017, 08:55 AM
I always clean the gaskets/weatherstripping first before doing the glass. I don't like an errant glass wipe dragging rubber crud onto clean glass.

Plus, don't forget the age old trick of lowering the windows to do the same i.e. weatherstripping cleaned first then the top edges of the glass.

Eldorado2k
08-12-2017, 06:37 AM
If less aggressive methods don't give you satisfactory results, I've had good results with Mothers Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner on a Magic Erasure pad. Watch the edges of your paint though. You might want to tape off if you can't avoid them.

I've never tried that combo. Maybe I'll give it a try next time. Thx.

Dandy98
08-12-2017, 08:50 PM
I use The Detail Stick with mild soap. Gets to where your fingers cant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tempest45
08-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Mckee's 37 waterless. Cleans well. Lots of lubricity. Dresses rubber and plastic very well.