PDA

View Full Version : Best "Deep Gloss" Sealant that looks like Carnauba and lasts 6+ months?

Pages : [1] 2

Dredogol
08-09-2017, 08:08 PM
So I'm looking for a SEALANT that has a very keep shine/gloss/depth similar to high quality carnauba wax.

From everyone's experience, which sealant has given you the best wax-like results?

Conditions:
- Daily Driver applicable
- Lasts at least 6mo under normal conditions
- Fairly easy to apply/remove
- High gloss/dept like carnauba wax

Exempt Products:
- Klaise (sorry... too hard to apply/remove from what I've read)
- Ceramic Coatings (silica based)

I recently bought Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 ... have yet to apply it, but read great reviews about it.

Bruno Soares
08-09-2017, 08:13 PM
You'll be very happy with Wolfgang DGPS 3.0. Super easy to apply and remove. Slick and shiny results.

custmsprty
08-09-2017, 09:27 PM
Polish Angel Viking Coat

LEDetailing
08-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Polish Angel Viking Coat

Every time you post those pictures of the Rogue with PA Viking Coat, I cannot believe how much gloss that paint gives up. Must be a great combo of perfect lighting, perfect polishing, the coating and very nice factory paint job.

custmsprty
08-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Every time you post those pictures of the Rogue with PA Viking Coat, I cannot believe how much gloss that paint gives up. Must be a great combo of perfect lighting, perfect polishing, the coating and very nice factory paint job.

That was done with Polish Angel Esclate Paint Lotion and Polish Angel Viking Coat. :dblthumb2:

The two products are amazing when used together. When it cools down in October I'll be doing it again.

FUNX650
08-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Give the "Hybrid" Sealants/Waxes
a try. Ones like:
-Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax
-Optimim Car Wax
-3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax
-Poorboy's World EX Sealant with Carnauba
-Etc.; etc.

Bob

dlc95
08-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Try Duragloss 101. Very underreated product.

DA Hypnosis
08-09-2017, 10:35 PM
I've been using Jescar Power Lock Plus; it's held up nicely for me over the past 5months so far. I wash weekly, sometimes bi-weekly, with ONR wash & wax. Takes me about half an hour to wash, dry, dress, and clean up on the daily driver.
I have two layers applied by DA and I'm happy with the gloss, beading, and water sheeting on my black car.
Customers are happy with it.

Dredogol
08-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Give the "Hybrid" Sealants/Waxes
a try. Ones like:
-Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax
-Optimim Car Wax
-3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax
-Poorboy's World EX Sealant with Carnauba
-Etc.; etc.

On average, how long do Hybrid sealants last?

FUNX650
08-10-2017, 06:48 PM
On average,
how long do Hybrid sealants last?
If they're exposed to the exact same
environmental, man-made, and/or
otherworldly contaminants---as are
Sealants; then, expect them to last
about the same amount of time.

Bob

dlc95
08-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Meguiar's M20 Polymer Sealant would be something to conaider too.

AZpolisher15
08-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Duragloss 105 or Menzerna Powerlock.

JeffsRealm
08-11-2017, 08:54 AM
What I did is Wolfgangs Deep gloss, 2 coats. Then as a topper to that I put on the Pinnacle Souveran over the sealant to get that deep warm glow from wax. I must say I am more than pleased.

Wolfgangs takes some work and some forethought. Make sure you read instructions. Basically when you put it on you let it dry for a half hour then you buff it off. It goes on easy, it takes some work to get off. Not impossible but some elbow grease. However here is the key thing, don't go anywhere or drive for 12 hours. It is actually still curing. So this is a weekend end project. It is water based so getting water on your vehicle even dew can affect the lifetime of it. So you want to basically wash it, dry it really good including using a blow dryer to get all the little cracks and crevasses where water hides, do a good clay bar and polish, then apply the wolfgangs. Put in the garage or covered parking for 12 hours. Plan this out if your going to need food etc, grocery, and don't have another car. If your doing 2 coats, next day, wipe it down any dust that got on it and apply second coat. Again put the car away for 12 hours. If you are waiting until the following weekend you can just do a wash, dry really good, then apply coat, no need for polish etc.

Pinnacle Souveran now this is probably the easiest thing I every used. Again I was putting on over Wolfgangs the following weekend. Wash your car, dry it really well. Then this is a wipe on wipe off. Don't let it dry. So apply it to a body panel wipe it off the panel. Move on to next. How long does all this last. I have not idea I am still waiting for it, it had only been a few weeks since I did this. They say 6 months, but we will see. I may not see it end as I will be reapplying in October to get me through winter.

This is a shot after wiping off second coat of wolfgangs.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4296/35895286590_be9687d9e2_b.jpg

Here is after the topper of Pinnacle Souveran. The difference in the topper is very subtle, almost impossible to see unless you see your car daily. I noticed it but again very subtle. I like it though
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4348/35581953044_ee0583d67e_b.jpg

brettS4
08-11-2017, 09:04 AM
NuFinish. Only one coat a year!

Bruno Soares
08-11-2017, 09:39 AM
I'm surprised you said it took elbow grease to removed Wolfgang. I found it to wipe away so easy. Maybe you didn't wait long enough or used too much. Or the environment conditions weren't ideal. But in my experience it wipes away without even any pressure on the towel.