View Full Version : Back to the basics- Detailing diagrams and Dialog

Pages : 1 2 [3]

c5errr
05-29-2012, 04:45 AM
that is a very awesome and helpful write up
i just wanna ask some paints have a hard clear
what does that mean ?
does it mean it has more clear coat than normal cars
or its the same amount of clear but with stronger clear coat?
and when it comes to buffing this type of clears
now i have a corvette c5 and it has really hard clear with some swirls and some deep scratches
some scratches im gonna have to live with because i can feel them with the finger and finger nail not to mention the paint is 14 years old and still "poop" so all i did so far removed the light swirls with light cutting pad ccs and megs scratchx and then ultimate wax
but i will remove the wax using light paint cleaner then a pure polish then glaze then sealant and finally wax.

((now since my clear coat is hard will be able to mask up the swirls that cant be felt by finger nail?))

drumer66
01-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Great post.... I'm new to this site... i have been reading and watching videos to learn as much as possble.

jd

01ragtop
02-23-2013, 10:50 AM
great post budman, good visuals so people can understand what they are working with...

Possible for orange peel to be in the base coat layer as well?
It's highly unlikely the peel comes from the basecoat layer as this layer is thinest of all but phosphate. More than likely clearcoat and there are many reasons as to why this happens.

wecomeclean
12-05-2013, 12:34 AM
I think this is great post.everybody who is associated with car detailing business they should knew these kind of things.

reckbates
01-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Way Informative Sticky Thread :D

Iamonthecan
01-18-2021, 02:48 PM
That Swirling and Orange Paint will definitely take some time to get out lol :goodpost: