PDA

View Full Version : UV protection/blockers

garfy
08-05-2017, 09:45 PM
I've been using Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0 for about a year now and it seems to work well in that after applying it, I've had rain on it and soon afterwards bright sun (which is known to wreak havoc on typical waxes as the droplets act like magnifiers on the paint surface). After this occurred 3 times in a week, I noticed it still had a slick feel to the paint, though not as good as when I first finished applying the sealant. Anyway, my regimen is to apply the sealant about every 6 months and after weekly or bi-weekly washings, I would apply the Deep Gloss Liquid Seal which is very easy and quick to do the entire vehicle.

My question is this; is there a product that would work better than the Sealant for a vehicle that is always parked outside thus receiving full sunshine during the day all the time? My garaged cars are fine with the Sealant slick effect lasting for months, however my outdoor cars seem to lose that in a month or two, even if I'm spraying the Liquid Seal on it. If there is something better, longer lasting, etc. that doesn't take much longer to apply, I'd certainly appreciate your suggestions. Thank you very much!

p.s. My outdoor cars are 2 Hondas with that crappy Milano Red; some deterioration of the clearcoat is already present so I'm hoping to find something that will prevent further deterioration from the UV and heat.

mwoywod
08-05-2017, 10:33 PM
Optimum Car Wax is by far the best I've found. Before I bought a new truck a few months ago, OCW was primarily all I used on my headlights and black plastic and rubber trim on my 2004 dodge dakota. I used it once a month (sometimes more) and used FK1000p on all the painted surfaces once a year. In 13 years I never had to polish my headlights and my trim never faded.

Even though I'm a fan of OCW, it's not the easiest to apply to painted surfaces during humid months. What works best for me is spraying one small spritz directly onto my microfiber towel then lightly buffing with a separate towel just to make sure there are no streaks. Also, in my opinion the durability claims are a bit outlandish though all I have to base that on is water behavior

CleanIT
08-16-2021, 08:03 AM
Are the other products that now claim UV protection, on par with OCW? I know Optimum uses patented UV blockers, but what about the other brands?