PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's Pro Polish

tgstang21
12-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Alright so I ordered this along with a few other goodies for my first order and everything came out pristine so thank you AG! However, I've never worked with this particular product (or any PBW product for that matter) so I was wondering if any of you have and if you could answer a question. This may sound highly stupid but, is it supposed to be one consistency throughout. Because, my bottle seems to have a decent amount of watery liquid flowing around in there and I wonder if this is how it's supposed to be or not. Thanks for the help.

Jimmie
12-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes it's much thinner than a polish with abbrassives. It's a chemical cleaner that I use a lot under door handles, rocker panels, etc.

Jimmie
12-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Since I posted last time I went to the AG Store and looked at PB Pro-Polish. It said that the "new" is suppose to be more of a cream.

budman3
12-16-2007, 01:57 PM
I have both versions of Pro Polish and both are fairly similar. It is still thin but it is a chemical cleaner and doesn't have abrasives that 'hold' other polishes together. Just be sure to shake it up and continue to shake it up during use. Check out this thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/7633-pb-pro-polish-versatile-chemical-polish.html

Black Bart
12-17-2007, 05:10 PM
I have both versions of Pro Polish and both are fairly similar. It is still thin but it is a chemical cleaner and doesn't have abrasives that 'hold' other polishes together. Just be sure to shake it up and continue to shake it up during use. Check out this thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/7633-pb-pro-polish-versatile-chemical-polish.htmlI ask Steve about his PP on DC and he said it had some very mild abrasives in it.

budman3
12-17-2007, 05:35 PM
There technically are abrasives in it (due to the ingredients) but to call it an abrasive polish is wrong ... so I don't know what to call it. The same is true with PwS, it has micro abrasives but they aren't your typical abrasives (found in compounds) that correct paint defects. Pro Polish is a pad dependent product that'll cut through sanding marks with a wool pad and will clean paint (no correction; no cutting abrasives) with a finishing pad.