PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber towel addiction???

Pages : [1] 2

fightnews
08-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else own more microfiber towels then you could use in 100 years? I sorted out my back up collection of towels today and its just insane. I knew I had a lot but i didn't realize it was that many. wish I could post a pick but believe me its a lot? well over 100 towels easy maybe 200. And that's just the back up towels.

FUNX650
08-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else own
more microfiber towels then you could
use in 100 years?

I sorted out my back up collection of
towels today and its just insane. I knew
I had a lot but i didn't realize it was that
many. wish I could post a pick but believe me its a lot?

well over 100 towels easy maybe 200.
And that's just the back up towels.
•Sounds pretty normal to me.

But, then again:
•What Is Normal?
"Disorders" seem to be annexing
ever more territory, here lately...

Bob

Jimmy Vegas
08-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Sounds about right to me.
Now that you mention it, I need to pick up a few more.

Paul A.
08-05-2017, 03:27 PM
I also have more than I probably need however because of that I grab a clean fresh one more frequently! I hate having to wash them but I like having a s******d of them.

Use them all and by that I mean give your bullpen towels a rest and break open those unused brand new towels.

Kamakaz1961
08-05-2017, 03:43 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else own more microfiber towels then you could use in 100 years? I sorted out my back up collection of towels today and its just insane. I knew I had a lot but i didn't realize it was that many. wish I could post a pick but believe me its a lot? well over 100 towels easy maybe 200. And that's just the back up towels.

LMAO!! I am in the same boat! I have enough MF Towels to open up a detail shop even though I am a hobbyist!

CarolinasFinestDetailing
08-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Nothing wrong with that. I go through a lot of towels on a weekly basis. I am super OCD. I always rotate the freshly washed ones to the back to try and ensure even wear on all of them.

fly07sti
08-05-2017, 07:48 PM
My MF issue is so bad that I had to order a 9x7 storage shed to move them into. I have full cases of brand new MF's (Eagles, Edgeless Wizards, Everest 800, Gold jr's to name a few)
Easily have over 500 Eagles (includes MF's in rotation)

PaulMys
08-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Damn.

Now I feel like the kid in the gym class shower with the tiny........ well, you know. (Shut up, Rich)

I'd put my count at around 45.

Time to order............. :laughing:

VISITOR
08-05-2017, 08:49 PM
you can never have enough microfiber towels and pads...

RippyD
08-05-2017, 09:24 PM
No question I have too many. I still need more "good" ones. ;)

VISITOR
08-05-2017, 10:25 PM
No question I have too many. I still need more "good" ones. ;)

microfiber towels are the one thing that touches the paint the most and you always want to have ones that are quality. otherwise.. you'll be polishing more than needed, unless you don't mind shiny scratches/defects...

derass
08-05-2017, 11:54 PM
Soon as I buy another 36 for rinseless/waterless washing, I'm done. I swear.

lol

Matt Hanson
08-06-2017, 01:35 AM
My partner and I found a great place here locally that makes their own detailing products (chemicals and what not) and I recently learned that they have a pretty damned good deal on MF towels. I have become a HUGE fan of the edgeless and will likely never go back to any others (aside from the door jams, wheels, engine, and glass). So I guess......all MFs that touch paint will be edgeless......

Anyhow....I figure we have about 100-125 in circulation that we use and wash, use and wash.....so on. The great deal on these edgeless towels is 12 for $17. They are awesome quality and I absolutely love them. May start buying like 2 packs before every car.....LOL

fightnews
08-06-2017, 04:14 AM
Sounds about right to me.
Now that you mention it, I need to pick up a few more.

I'm putting myself on a buying freeze. I can't even believe how many I have.

fightnews
08-06-2017, 04:21 AM
I also have more than I probably need however because of that I grab a clean fresh one more frequently! I hate having to wash them but I like having a s******d of them.

Use them all and by that I mean give your bullpen towels a rest and break open those unused brand new towels. I can't, besides the fact that I already have well over 100 in rotation, my 2 cabinets are stuffed full. I don't have any more real estate for them. I actually love washing mine, I have a big bin with 3 separate laundry bags.

1. Light paint towels
2. Dark paint towels
3. All purpose towels

Then I have a whole separate case and bag for white paint towels. And another separate crate for white cotton terry towels. I also have multiple detergents for microfiber. I'm actually finishing a load now