PDA

View Full Version : 2012 black Honda Civic. Need to remove swirls in clearcoat

dabikeman
08-05-2017, 05:31 AM
Recently purchased a Black 2012 Honda Civic. Discovered swirls in clear coat. Planing to use Meguiar products to remove the swirls. Willing to do work by hand ,but would prefer using a polishing buffer. Any suggestions would be great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
08-05-2017, 07:18 AM
Honda's are easy but there's a trick to soft black paint. That trick is use a quality polish / product and a medium cut pad. If you two-step the correction, which is what I like to do, I would use Meg's ultimate compound on either a Micro Fiber or Purple Wool Pad and medium pressure. It will litterally only take 2-3 passes for a full correction and the L.C. Purple/Blue wool finish with little to no real haze. However, it's softer paint so you will need to do a final polish. Either CarPro Essence on a white pad or something like or Scholl S30+ on a white pad. Those are the two very best I've seen at finishing out soft black on Honda, Subaru or Toyota's. Here two it will only take 2-3 passes and you'll have a black mirror.

Good luck!

Here are a couple that I've done recently:

2012 Honda Accord (Gallery) Photo Gallery by Private at pbase.com (http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/2012_honda_accord_gallery)
2007 Honda Oddessy (Gallery) Photo Gallery by Private at pbase.com (http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/2007_honda_oddessy_gallery)

dabikeman
08-05-2017, 01:26 PM
Thank you very much for the advice. I love how yours turned out. I will keep you posted on how it goes

fightnews
08-05-2017, 02:33 PM
what kind of polisher do you have? If you are buying 1 for the first time the gg6 is worth the money. its better the the harbor freight one. If you like polishing you are going to spend the money anyway. I started with the harbor freight and ended up with a gg6, a g15, a flex 3401 and a griots mini within a year.

dabikeman
08-06-2017, 10:14 AM
what kind of polisher do you have? If you are buying 1 for the first time the gg6 is worth the money. its better the the harbor freight one. If you like polishing you are going to spend the money anyway. I started with the harbor freight and ended up with a gg6, a g15, a flex 3401 and a griots mini within a year.I don't have any polisher yet. Thank you for your information. Also I was wondering if anyone had any advice, since I live in Western New York. We have hard winters and I want to help protect the finish from that also. Thank you in advance