PDA

View Full Version : Well.... That sucks

Pages : [1] 2

Redfireshaker06
08-04-2017, 10:36 AM
When you find the perfect combo of pad and polish for your 2015 Mustang paint correction. And the backing plate starts to disintegrate. Only half way through the car. So I had to switch pad size (different pad model) and backing plate. Not as happy with the results I'm getting.

One good thing about Fords soft clear coat . Its easy to paint correct. Applying a coating after I'm done.

About to make an order

Jag07
08-04-2017, 01:31 PM
I have a 2017. Been wanting to dive into some mild correction. I really just have some minor swirls from washing (when I was still new and dumb), one clear coat scratch from who the hell knows where (parking lot at work all alone and far away) and the biggest problems two paint chips (one from rock I watched hit the front fender and a mystery rock on the very edge of my passenger side hood by the wind shield).

Which pad were you using?
Which polish?
What color do you have?

hogie
08-04-2017, 01:44 PM
While not the OP, I have a 2015 competition orange GT and it doesn't show swirls for squat. I have no urge to even polish mine.

Jag07
08-04-2017, 01:53 PM
While not the OP, I have a 2015 competition orange GT and it doesn't show swirls for squat. I have no urge to even polish mine.

Mine is Lightning Blue. Can see the swirls in the right light and it bugs me to no end some days. Usually can't see them though.

Kamakaz1961
08-04-2017, 01:58 PM
I have a 2013 Mustang GT and I always though and felt Ford paint is on the harder side. However, that being said, It is very easily correctable. Please show pics of you wonderful ride when done! As for you not being happy with the results....my guess it is to you, however, not to 99% of everyone else! All they see is perfection....LOL

Again, Pics please!

Redfireshaker06
08-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Orange will not show swirls that like Deep impact blue will

I was using:
Lake County Hydro-tech 5.5" red pad w/ Blackfire SRC finishing polish. Swirls were coming out great. I had some scratches on the hood. I switched to the orange pad w/ Wolfgang 3.0 total swirl removal. Worked great. Then my backing pad started to separate

Heres a pic of the front end polished up. I had to use a different image app. Photobucket said hell no to 3rd party hosting.

http://i.imgur.com/x1AYLZzb.jpg (http://imgur.com/x1AYLZz)

Redfireshaker06
08-04-2017, 02:25 PM
I have a 2013 Mustang GT and I always though and felt Ford paint is on the harder side. However, that being said, It is very easily correctable. Please show pics of you wonderful ride when done! As for you not being happy with the results....my guess it is to you, however, not to 99% of everyone else! All they see is perfection....LOL

Again, Pics please!

Its that I feel the other pad combo had better results. I had to go to what I had in my arsenal to finish up. I will post pics after I put on the coating. Which will be later since its so hot in the garage and the directions say less than 86.

PaulMys
08-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Those Mustangs are really good-looking cars.

OP- Which backing plate were you using that disintegrated?

Mike@ShineStruck
08-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Grabber blue seems to hide swirls well.

LEDetailing
08-05-2017, 12:30 AM

That is good problem to have:)

LSNAutoDetailing
08-05-2017, 01:03 AM
I have an 05 GT torch red and a 2016 EB in ignot metallic and i do not find the clear to be soft, especially the ignot metallic silver

OP your darn lucky that the backing plate failure didn't cause damage to the Stang.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Dr Oldz
08-05-2017, 01:13 AM
I've learned the hard way. I always have back up backing plates. I also inspect them often. A failure isn't so bad on a DA but can be catastrophic on a rotary.

LSNAutoDetailing
08-05-2017, 01:37 AM
I had a da go south while working on a customer's CLS 550 he just bought. Luckily I felt it was not right and stopped. I noticed one little shard of metal sitting there... I wiped my brow and finished the job with my trusty PC7424xp. All was well.

Your lucky. Take your gain and call it a victory.

As the owner of two amazing Stangs... Nice Stang! Is that Guard or black? Love the guard.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

GSKR
08-05-2017, 08:14 AM
Orange will not show swirls that like Deep impact blue will

I was using:
Lake County Hydro-tech 5.5" red pad w/ Blackfire SRC finishing polish. Swirls were coming out great. I had some scratches on the hood. I switched to the orange pad w/ Wolfgang 3.0 total swirl removal. Worked great. Then my backing pad started to separate

Heres a pic of the front end polished up. I had to use a different image app. Photobucket said hell no to 3rd party hosting.

http://i.imgur.com/x1AYLZzb.jpg (http://imgur.com/x1AYLZz)

Very nice car.

Redfireshaker06
08-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Very nice car.

Thank you