PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 467s or 845

Pages : [1] 2

Octaviavrs
08-02-2017, 12:21 PM
Hi. I have a black car and I want to know which wax would be best out of collinite 476s and 845.
I am wanting a durable one out of the two. I want to know which one be better at not coming off when I wash the car...... (I usually wash my car once a week)
Also, which wax out of the two leaves a better shine?
Thanks

mengelhardt
08-02-2017, 01:17 PM
476 is supposed to be the most durable of the 3 popular Collinite opitons. (476, 915, 845)

FUNX650
08-02-2017, 02:15 PM
...collinite 476s and 845.

Of the two: Collinite #845
is more esteemable, IMO.

Bob

txchevyz71
08-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Hi. I have a black car and I want to know which wax would be best out of collinite 476s and 845.
I am wanting a durable one out of the two. I want to know which one be better at not coming off when I wash the car...... (I usually wash my car once a week)
Also, which wax out of the two leaves a better shine?
Thanks

I have used both 476 and 845 on a Black Silverado Truck, and a GMC Yukon, and a Porsche 911. I have spoken to Mark Taylor at Collinite when I was wondering which product to use. I was told that 476 is supposed to be slightly more durable than the 845. I remember him telling me that really it was a toss up and to choose either. That being said, I only use 845 now because I feel that it so much easier to apply and remove.

I get about 6 months out of collinite 845 on my truck, but it really depends on where you keep your vehicle (parked inside or outside).
I dont think I could really tell a difference in shine between the 2 to be honest. It really depends on what your paint looks like now. Are you doing paint correction before applying the 845?

Also it really depends on how you wash your car (what kind of soap and what you use). If you are pretty gentle with it, it should last. If you take a scrub brush to your paint at a car wash, it wont last. If you use a dish washing soap (which I hope you dont) it wont last.

You can use either and they both should give you that "shine" you are looking for.

I love 845!

Bill1234
08-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Shine is not going to come from throwing wax on top of paint and expecting it to look good. 845 is easier to apply but does not last as long as 476s. I personally use 476s and it works great

Octaviavrs
08-02-2017, 03:29 PM
I have used both 476 and 845 on a Black Silverado Truck, and a GMC Yukon, and a Porsche 911. I have spoken to Mark Taylor at Collinite when I was wondering which product to use. I was told that 476 is supposed to be slightly more durable than the 845. I remember him telling me that really it was a toss up and to choose either. That being said, I only use 845 now because I feel that it so much easier to apply and remove.

I get about 6 months out of collinite 845 on my truck, but it really depends on where you keep your vehicle (parked inside or outside).
I dont think I could really tell a difference in shine between the 2 to be honest. It really depends on what your paint looks like now. Are you doing paint correction before applying the 845?

Also it really depends on how you wash your car (what kind of soap and what you use). If you are pretty gentle with it, it should last. If you take a scrub brush to your paint at a car wash, it wont last. If you use a dish washing soap (which I hope you dont) it wont last.

You can use either and they both should give you that "shine" you are looking for.

I love 845!

I will be applying poorboys black hole before the collinite. My paintwork is in pretty good condition at the moment. I use simoniz car shampoo to wash my car......

Octaviavrs
08-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Shine is not going to come from throwing wax on top of paint and expecting it to look good. 845 is easier to apply but does not last as long as 476s. I personally use 476s and it works great

I will be applying poorboys black hole before the wax.....

Route246
08-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Coke or Pepsi. They are both competent with stellar reputations. You can't go wrong with either.

Octaviavrs
08-02-2017, 04:37 PM
I've heard that you need to shake the bottle of 845 vigorously before use after heating it up with warm water. Is that true?

Octaviavrs
08-02-2017, 04:43 PM
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40243-collinite-845-definitive-how-guide-legendary-wax.html

According to the above guide, you need to heat the bottle up before use.....

FUNX650
08-02-2017, 05:15 PM
I've heard that you need to shake
the bottle of 845 vigorously before
use after heating it up with warm
water. Is that true?
•I'll say that it's kind of true.

-Heat will "thin-out" #845...(reduce
its viscosity; increase flow rate)...to
the point of: real-easy-to-use condition.

-Now...if the fluid in the bottle should
cool-off enough to where it adversely
affects #845's flow rate---thickens-up,
slowing it down; not as easy to use---then,
by adding some "stress" (via: shaking)
#845 will, once again, experience: a
reduction in its viscosity; an increase in
its flow rate; a thinning-out:
Back to an easier-to-use condition.

{A couple examples of the almost
eerie flow characteristics associated
with some types of fluids.}

Bob

PaulMys
08-02-2017, 05:59 PM
I've heard that you need to shake the bottle of 845 vigorously before use after heating it up with warm water. Is that true?

Or this.....

Now that it's summertime, just place the bottle in the sun about an hour before you plan to apply it.

Grab it, give it a shake, and off you go.

AZpolisher15
08-02-2017, 06:24 PM
I've used both extensively. If applying by hand and you inadvertently apply either product too thick, 845 will be much easier to remove. Applied thinly, they're about the same to remove. 476 will last longer and has more of a "sealant look", probably due to a lesser load of carrying agents. Honestly, you'll be happy with either as far as looks go, as has been mentioned.

txchevyz71
08-02-2017, 06:32 PM
It depends on where you live. I'm in Texas mine stays like runny water state left in the garage.

Here is a good article

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40243-collinite-845-definitive-how-guide-legendary-wax.html

hmardown
08-02-2017, 06:45 PM
I will be applying poorboys black hole before the wax.....

I've done it this way myself. then top it with the 845. as far as lasting, I find with a black daily driver you always need to do something every 4 to 5 weeks. if you want it to look sharp.
hmardown