PDA

View Full Version : What material is my interior?

waterman
08-01-2017, 12:22 PM
Hello,

I have a 2015 Yukon Denali. Is this a vinyl or leather interior? What about my dads Cadillac XTS? I would like to use the same cleaner and protectant for both cars.

thank you

Natron
08-01-2017, 03:36 PM
If the window stickers are in the glove boxes, you can tell for sure. If it says leather, it is and if it says anything else, its synthetic. If they aren't you can contact the dealer with the VIN and they can tell you. One way is to push your finger into the seating surface about1/2". If the material has little wrinkles in the curves, it is leather and if they stay smooth, its synthetic. With modern improvements, it can be difficult to tell. And don't be misled to think that just because a vehicle is expensive, that it is leather. Also note that if it is leather, only the surfaces that the passengers sit on will be leather. All others (sides, backs, bolsters etc.) will be vinyl. If the cars are very clean already, a cleaner/protectant combo will work. If they are not, a separate cleaner and then conditioning is in order. We use Meguiars D181, but there are many good choices. Stick with AutoGeek and you will be fine. Good luck, Nathan