PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Beasley's Formula 1201 Paint Coating

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
07-31-2017, 01:02 PM
This product looks really cool. Up to 1 year durability and looks super easy to apply. Anyone tried this?

Dr. Beasley's Formula 1201 Paint Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/dr-beasleys-1201-coating.html)

Desertnate
07-31-2017, 03:28 PM
I've been curious about several of the Dr. Beasley products.

This one looks interesting, but the application to a wet vehicle would be tricky for me. My garage has no drains and my driveway has no shade, which would make keeping the car wet long enough to apply this product REALLY difficult.

Their Nano Resin Coating comes in at a nice price point too, seems to last longer, and doesn't have the wet surface requirement. I look forward to this getting into people's hands for reviews.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-31-2017, 06:12 PM
I actually like the wet surface requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike@ShineStruck
08-01-2017, 09:23 AM
I actually like the wet surface requirement.

Same here
If literally all you do is wipe on wet then final wipe.. then sounds like a very quick and easy service to sell.
Vs something easy like Polish Angel Cosmic where you have to leave on ax amount of time..before you can wipe off

WRAPT C5Z06
08-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Same here
If literally all you do is wipe on wet then final wipe.. then sounds like a very quick and easy service to sell.
Vs something easy like Polish Angel Cosmic where you have to leave on ax amount of time..before you can wipe off
Agreed. Also, with the wet application, you're getting a lot of lubrication upon drying when combined with the product. I just ordered 1201 coating.

fly07sti
08-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Interested to hear your thoughts on this. It does look very intriguing and it comes with a free booster? I'm a sucker for freebies. I bought Plasmacoat about a month ago and haven't been able to apply it to anything yet.

Desertnate
08-01-2017, 12:37 PM
Agreed. Also, with the wet application, you're getting a lot of lubrication upon drying when combined with the product. I just ordered 1201 coating.

How would you keep the car wet? I could see spraying one panel at a time, but then you run the risk or wetting area's you just dried.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Interested to hear your thoughts on this. It does look very intriguing and it comes with a free booster? I'm a sucker for freebies. I bought Plasmacoat about a month ago and haven't been able to apply it to anything yet.
I will let you know my thoughts. Gonna leave half the hood bare so I can really gauge its durability. Will only be using N914 as a drying aid. The booster is free. I'll use that once the hydro properties diminish.

How would you keep the car wet?
Spray bottle with distilled water. Any overspray would be very minimal.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Man, this stuff was terrible for me. Felt like my money was stolen. Tried it on my hood. Polished with M205 to remove anything prior. Washed with Reset to remove any polishing oils. Hydrophobic properties were gone. Wet the surface, applied 1201, then dried. Flooded the hood to see hydrophobic properties and they were none existent; almost as if I applied nothing to my hood. Taped off half to hood to compare. Terrible hydrophobic properties on both sides. Followed the directions perfectly.

fly07sti
08-06-2017, 12:11 PM
Man, this stuff was terrible for me. Felt like my money was stolen. Tried it on my hood. Polished with M205 to remove anything prior. Washed with Reset to remove any polishing oils. Hydrophobic properties were gone. Wet the surface, applied 1201, then dried. Flooded the hood to see hydrophobic properties and they were none existent; almost as if I applied nothing to my hood. Taped off half to hood to compare. Terrible hydrophobic properties on both sides. Followed the directions perfectly.

Ugh. Thanks for your feedback. Now I'm glad I didn't buy it. Now I'm leary about putting Plasmacoat on something.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Very strange. I tried it a few times and same results. I totally followed the directions. Bad batch? I dunno. I emailed Dr. Beasley's.

KennyC
08-14-2017, 12:35 PM
I was interested in Formula 1201, but hadn't purchased it yet. Did you ever hear anything back from Dr. Beasley's? No sense in wasting money if it doesn't work.

Thanks!

WRAPT C5Z06
08-14-2017, 12:41 PM
I was interested in Formula 1201, but hadn't purchased it yet. Did you ever hear anything back from Dr. Beasley's? No sense in wasting money if it doesn't work.

Thanks!
This was some of their reply. The other part isn't relevant. It might work for you. I followed the directions and it as a no-go for me.

"Hi Mark,

I'm so sorry to hear you were unhappy with Formula 1201. We receive overwhelmingly great feedback about that coating in particular, so we're surprised you did not have a good experience with it, that's definitely frustrating."

KennyC
08-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the update. I may have to rethink things and go with a different coating.

Eldorado2k
08-14-2017, 01:45 PM
Sounds exactly like my experience after using Glass IQ... They outta be ashamed of themselves charging $15 for 4oz. of ordinary glass cleaner.

that's definitely frustrating."

...Not for them, I'm sure they're enjoying your hard earned money just fine. Fool me once...
I'll stick to brands with a proven track record from now on like I should've in the 1st place.