PDA

View Full Version : My F150 after the weekend.

Pages : [1] 2

JeffsRealm
07-31-2017, 10:24 AM
This is my new F-150 XLT Special Edition. Custom ordered with everything I could ever want. I picked it up the end of June and have only been doing a two bucket wash as I needed a good long weekend and agreeing weather to really get into it. I can put it in my garage but that's about it I need to work on it outside.

So really had a good weekend weather wise.

Friday Night - Glass Treatment all windows including sunroof.
Clean and Polish and clean again then applied
Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant with Rain Repellent

Saturday - The First coat
Wash and claybar entire vehicle. I did ignore the plastic trim under the truck as I need to come back to do that.
Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish - The truck is brand new, there are no swirls or scratches or anything this is just a mild polish to clean the surface.
1st coat Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish - Why I am not doing any trim work as to get nothing on the coating as it needs a 12 hour cure time.
Pull into garage and leave it sit overnight.

Sunday - Second coat.
Quick wipe off with microfiber towel to get any dust that may have settled. Boy is this thing slick.
2st coat Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish
Pictures taken before going back into garage.

Throughout the week, I need to clean and treat the tonneau cover and then clean and treat all the black plastic with Wolfgangs trim sealant. Need to address the tires as well rim sealant and black the tires..

However this is the results so far.

Up in the bed removing second coat from the roof, just look at the shine.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4296/35895286590_be9687d9e2_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4297/35895286330_1b655f1b69_b.jpg

Paul A.
07-31-2017, 10:30 AM
Wow! Beautiful. I LOVE the color too!

Hammer77
07-31-2017, 10:31 AM
Looks great man.

LEDetailing
07-31-2017, 10:37 AM
Congrats,

I really like the gray grill/graphics and red paint. Very sporty looking. Those wheels look like they belong on a sports car (I like them!) I wouldn't be want to take that truck on a gravel road, let alone going off road. Way too nice looking.

I see you got the ecoboost. 2.7 or 3.5? I was impressed with my FIL's 2.7 ecoboost in his f150. Drove so smooth and had great acceleration.

That PBL looks great too. Did you get the bedliner sprayed?

JeffsRealm
07-31-2017, 11:01 AM
Wow! Beautiful. I LOVE the color too!

Thanks, that's the Metalic Ruby Red. Kind of a rare color in full sun it blazes like a ruby, in the shade it darkens down

Looks great man.

Thanks

Congrats,

I really like the gray grill/graphics and red paint. Very sporty looking. Those wheels look like they belong on a sports car (I like them!) I wouldn't be want to take that truck on a gravel road, let alone going off road. Way too nice looking.

I see you got the ecoboost. 2.7 or 3.5? I was impressed with my FIL's 2.7 ecoboost in his f150. Drove so smooth and had great acceleration.

That PBL looks great too. Did you get the bedliner sprayed?

Mine is the 3.5 Ecoboost, 6 cylinder twin turbo and the 10 speed, I tow a lot and that had the most towing capacity. This tows 16000 lbs. My older F150 was a 305 V8 this town my 8000lb rv like there is nothing back there and I get the same gas mileage towing as what my old truck got normal driving. I do admit I was skeptical so i took several for test drives. You would never know it doesn't have a V8 in there.

Actually LOL it is built for off road as I have the off road package as well.

Then yes the bedliner is sprayed it but I had it done by Line X after market. There was a lot of reports the spray in from factory wasn't that good so I decided to just do it after plus Line X offers it with UV protection built in.
This is not a detail pic but the day I got home from having the bed liner in.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4324/36123172002_aef5fa30a9_b.jpg

Then another shot, the interior of the special editions match the exterior. Even the seat belts, this is the day I picked it it up from the dealer. I have since replaced the floor mats with weather tech
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4297/35896291470_f78c70f1d5_b.jpg

PA DETAILER
07-31-2017, 11:50 AM
Love that color.

dcjredline
07-31-2017, 02:23 PM
Looks nice, but all I see when I look at it is the average $560 a month for 84 months loan that people take out for new vehicles and cringe. I'm glad you like it tho man! Keep it nice

JeffsRealm
07-31-2017, 02:35 PM
Looks nice, but all I see when I look at it is the average $560 a month for 84 months loan that people take out for new vehicles and cringe. I'm glad you like it tho man! Keep it nice

LOL, yeah some people do that. I actually worked up to this smaller vehicles constantly upgrading but never buying more than I could afford. My last one was something from the dealer lot that met my needs. I finally reached the point I could afford to buy exactly what I wanted.

First I had lots of equity as my last F150 was paid off the trade in value is 50% the price of a new one. Plus I work for the auto industry so big discount. Throw in 0% interest and other incentives and my payments are just under $300 a month 60 month. :dblthumb2:

This one though I may break my rule of trade in after pay off and keep it around a while. I really like it. We will see though as time goes on but first time I got something I ordered exactly how I wanted.

goldendodo19
07-31-2017, 04:03 PM
I'm a sucker for ruby red since my focus was and I do miss the color at times. I got a shadow black escape this may. That 3.5 eb should keep you plenty happy. The first gen engine is a beast in the explorer sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpr1634
07-31-2017, 05:34 PM
Friggin sweet brother, love me some 150's

Bill1234
07-31-2017, 07:51 PM
Thanks, that's the Metalic Ruby Red. Kind of a rare color in full sun it blazes like a ruby, in the shade it darkens down

Thanks

Mine is the 3.5 Ecoboost, 6 cylinder twin turbo and the 10 speed, I tow a lot and that had the most towing capacity. This tows 16000 lbs. My older F150 was a 305 V8 this town my 8000lb rv like there is nothing back there and I get the same gas mileage towing as what my old truck got normal driving. I do admit I was skeptical so i took several for test drives. You would never know it doesn't have a V8 in there.

Actually LOL it is built for off road as I have the off road package as well.

Then yes the bedliner is sprayed it but I had it done by Line X after market. There was a lot of reports the spray in from factory wasn't that good so I decided to just do it after plus Line X offers it with UV protection built in.
This is not a detail pic but the day I got home from having the bed liner in.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4324/36123172002_aef5fa30a9_b.jpg

Then another shot, the interior of the special editions match the exterior. Even the seat belts, this is the day I picked it it up from the dealer. I have since replaced the floor mats with weather tech
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4297/35896291470_f78c70f1d5_b.jpg

I thought the 3.5l only could tow 12,200? The 2.7l is actually a very high tech engine. Its a similar design to the 3.5l but the engine block is CGI or basically what a diesel is. Still for its size, its pretty fast and powerful. The only plus I see in the v8 is maybe sound if you consider that and snow plow

JeffsRealm
07-31-2017, 08:17 PM
I thought the 3.5l only could tow 12,200? The 2.7l is actually a very high tech engine. Its a similar design to the 3.5l but the engine block is CGI or basically what a diesel is. Still for its size, its pretty fast and powerful. The only plus I see in the v8 is maybe sound if you consider that and snow plow

I was under that impression as well. If you look at spec sheet that's what it says. However, true tow capacity depends on a lot of other variables and options. The actually tow capacity is on a sticker inside the door frame once everything is done and calculated. I knew I would get more by coming crew cab vs super cab. Crew is fine for me and knew it would increase towing capacity. There are some other upgraded options I got as well which allow it. Anyway door sticker gives me 16k as absolute max. I am sure I would have to go to 5th wheel to actually support that much but it can do it.

Yeah the 2.7 gets awesome gas mileage I have seen several guys reporting getting 28 mpg normal driving. Which for an f150 is awesome. I can get 21 on highway. 18-19 normal driving. But towing is more important to me. I put about 5000 miles each year towing 8000lbs. This does so much better than my older v8. Though I will admit I miss the rumble of a v8. Not much like it.

RWC32
07-31-2017, 09:01 PM
Great lookin' ride. Definitely a head turner.

Bill1234
08-01-2017, 09:30 PM
I was under that impression as well. If you look at spec sheet that's what it says. However, true tow capacity depends on a lot of other variables and options. The actually tow capacity is on a sticker inside the door frame once everything is done and calculated. I knew I would get more by coming crew cab vs super cab. Crew is fine for me and knew it would increase towing capacity. There are some other upgraded options I got as well which allow it. Anyway door sticker gives me 16k as absolute max. I am sure I would have to go to 5th wheel to actually support that much but it can do it.

Yeah the 2.7 gets awesome gas mileage I have seen several guys reporting getting 28 mpg normal driving. Which for an f150 is awesome. I can get 21 on highway. 18-19 normal driving. But towing is more important to me. I put about 5000 miles each year towing 8000lbs. This does so much better than my older v8. Though I will admit I miss the rumble of a v8. Not much like it.

The 5.0l or 302 as its known has been in use by ford for years. However, with looking at specific specs, the 3.5l is a great engine. Check out fords torture test 448AA if you have not seen it

JeffsRealm
08-02-2017, 08:37 AM
The 5.0l or 302 as its known has been in use by ford for years. However, with looking at specific specs, the 3.5l is a great engine. Check out fords torture test 448AA if you have not seen it

Thanks, I had not seen that. However the video really reaffirmed what I have experienced. My last F150 had the 5.0l, I went with the 3.5l ecoboost as everyone said it is much better at towing. I know so far in my expereince it beats my old truck easily in towing.