PDA

View Full Version : Video: Quickest way to wax a car!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

OrangeVee
08-01-2017, 01:58 PM
For Hydro2 I like to use the RTU version Hydro 2 lite. I find it does not streak, do not have to mess with dilutions and it can be used as a drying aid by spraying on and wiping off while the car is wet. I believe you can not do the latter with the concentrated version. I have seen around 3 months durability before the sheeting/ beading has started to die in some areas but now I just apply it monthly a lot of times anyway.

I also find it great for sealing wheels on my customers cars as its a super easy way to apply sealant to the wheels which literally takes a few seconds per wheel.

I fully agree with you! The "ready to use" Lite version might be better for those who don't want to mess with dilutions. For those with a heated/cooled garage like mine and who can keep the temperatures steady, the concentrated version is a better option is it is also more cost effective thanks to dilutions.

Thanks for your comment! ;)

Calendyr
08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
For Hydro2 I like to use the RTU version Hydro 2 lite. I find it does not streak, do not have to mess with dilutions and it can be used as a drying aid by spraying on and wiping off while the car is wet. I believe you can not do the latter with the concentrated version. I have seen around 3 months durability before the sheeting/ beading has started to die in some areas but now I just apply it monthly a lot of times anyway.

I also find it great for sealing wheels on my customers cars as its a super easy way to apply sealant to the wheels which literally takes a few seconds per wheel.

That is what I purchased Hydro 2 for: Wheels. Super simple and effective. But after looking at the cost of usage, I told myself the benefits were not worth the cost. At higher dilution ratio. this might change. As for the Lite version, when I calculated cost of usage, it was higher than Hydro 2 diluted 3:1... so maybe you should re-evaluate the choice of product. Distilled water costs almost nothing, less than 1$ per gallon. As for dillution, it's not rocket science, very easy to do and takes almost no time.

RaydiantDetail
08-01-2017, 07:43 PM
That is what I purchased Hydro 2 for: Wheels. Super simple and effective. But after looking at the cost of usage, I told myself the benefits were not worth the cost. At higher dilution ratio. this might change. As for the Lite version, when I calculated cost of usage, it was higher than Hydro 2 diluted 3:1... so maybe you should re-evaluate the choice of product. Distilled water costs almost nothing, less than 1$ per gallon. As for dillution, it's not rocket science, very easy to do and takes almost no time.While I don't disagree on the cost perspective I had bought the 1 litre bottle of hydro 2 lite last year and just finished the bottle earlier this year. I charge $25 to seal wheels so I more than made the money back with one customer. Even the RTU a little goes a long way. Dilutions are not rocket science but they are science though [emoji14] lol I've got enough products that require dilution. My main choice for hydro 2 lite was as mentioned that at the time I purchased it a lot of the headaches folks were having was around dilutions and streaking which is why I chose the RTU as that didn't seem to have the same issues.

I've recently moved on to gyeon wet coat and once that is finished ill be trying mckees hydro blue.

If I ever went back to hydro 2 which is a possibility in the future I'll probably go with the non rtu version for the cost savings as mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Route246
08-01-2017, 10:22 PM
No worries. Internet, particularly Youtube, is great for many things such as knowledge sharing and discovering new things, techniques, tricks, products, etc. But it can also be a space where internet trolls just come to stir negativity without constructive criticism, hidden behind a weird username and no profile picture. This is an unfortunate part one has to learn to deal with. So I'm always on my guard trying to understand people's true intentions behind a comment and the reason motivating such a comment. I'm all for a comment when it's a constructive criticism. But I'm against people just writing what ever comes to mind without giving a chance to get to know the individual. Some just come on random videos, they don't even like car detailing, and will say just horrible things. That's where I draw the line.

Now I'm not saying that is what you did, but I was trying to understand the reason behind such a question, and regardless if I answered or not, what benefit it would give you. You haven't answered that part. But in the end, we live in free countries and you're free to ask any question you judge is necessary.

Again, I have nothing against sponsored videos and I hope that my channel will one day have the opportunity to get sponsored videos as this will help it grow even quicker, by allowing me to reinvest in better gear and possibly an assistant. If that day happens, my viewers will be the first to know, as I will disclose this as per Youtube regulations. And like you say, I will be more than happy to share that moment.

On this note, let's get back to the joys of detailing. Thanks!

Thanks for posting the video. Trolls are a demoralizing problem, even here in these forums on occasion. Open source Wordpress does a better job of sniping trolls than massive YouTube does. They have the AI capability to do it as an option, they just don't think it's necessary. You have to have tenacity, courage and thick skin to setup a public channel out there. It is many times more difficult than it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeVee
08-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Thanks for posting the video. Trolls are a demoralizing problem, even here in these forums on occasion.

Thank you for your support! I appreciate your comment. I work really hard producing these videos (most of them I also produce in English and French, so it's double the work). Detailing alone is very demanding and time consuming, so imagine producing videos at the same time. Thank God I love doing these videos as detailing is one of my top passions! I simply like sharing with my viewers and hopefully give them the love bug for detailing, as so many members of this forum have. ;)