PDA

View Full Version : Free samples from the AG store - what's going on?

Pages : [1] 2

david b
07-30-2017, 08:41 AM
Anyone else notice that the free car care samples that I always include whenever I order from AG have been greatly diminished? Just one in the Pinnacle lineup, three Wolfgang products, and a few Blackfire and Marine 31 products.

Just curious - love those samples - would hate to see that go away.

David

Marc08EX
07-30-2017, 09:05 AM
Oh dang... They really cut it down A LOT. I thought it was bad a year or two ago when they removed some of the expensive items like the WGDGpS3.0 sample from the list. Then when PBMG got sold, the McKee's samples went away too. But this is crazy! Only 1 product from Pinnacle and only 3 from WG? At the rate it's going, looks like free samples will be gone sooner than later.

idriveblackcars
07-30-2017, 09:14 AM
I've never received any free anything from AG. But then again I don't bother to click anything extra to get them. Placed a few big orders this year too.

cleanmycorolla
07-30-2017, 09:22 AM
Back like 5 years ago, your got free samples when you purchased $50 worth. And they had practically everything in 2oz form to try, oh the memories...

dlc95
07-30-2017, 12:05 PM
I've never received any free anything from AG. But then again I don't bother to click anything extra to get them. Placed a few big orders this year too.

This is me too, although I never knew it existed! I though it was a randomly selected process..

dlc95
07-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Back like 5 years ago, your got free samples when you purchased $50 worth. And they had practically everything in 2oz form to try, oh the memories...

So strange about the good old days. You never realize your in them at the time your living them...

I was a lurker in 07/08... Those were some exciting times for the industry that would be coming up...

KirkH
07-30-2017, 12:09 PM
I always click the free samples. Loaded up on Wolfgang Uber Compound. Got 16 oz free over time.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

tcope
07-30-2017, 01:57 PM
I have chosen some free samples. I've also then ordered them as I had a chance to see what they were like. I'd think a manufacture would LOVE to give free product out for this reason.

fotomatt1
07-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Maybe some cost cutting since PBMG sold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gspam1
07-30-2017, 05:21 PM
Yes, on my last couple of orders I didn't see any thing free that I wanted. I was giving the PBMG branded plastic and vinyl samples to friends who use Amour All. Made a few converts to quality. Not on the list any longer.

LittleKing24
07-30-2017, 05:59 PM
They may have quit making samples altogether. Now what they have available is probably just what they have left over. Purely speculation but it seems to be going in that direction

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

LittleKing24
07-30-2017, 06:12 PM
Yes, on my last couple of orders I didn't see any thing free that I wanted. I was giving the PBMG branded plastic and vinyl samples to friends who use Amour All. Made a few converts to quality. Not on the list any longer.

I should have have done that myself. Most of my free samples I chose were protectants. Coming from lower quality(high volume) products, I was very impressed with those products. Pinnacle vinyl/rubber cleaner and conditioner is my #1 go to followed by McKees 37 interior surface protectant(formerly DP, my first sample). I have bought full sized bottles of both based off of the samples [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Belair
07-30-2017, 08:53 PM
I can't recall ANY company in any business telling customers that they'd be getting less than they had been getting for the same amount of money. Recent examples for me are big bags of potato chips with less inside, chicken with 15% rather than 10% of salt water added as 'a protectant', car insurance coverage, deodorants, over-the-counter drugs and supplements, and on and on and on.

PaulMys
07-31-2017, 09:32 PM
Just last summer I chose a "Free Sample" option.

The product I received was a very nice and desirable one, although one I would never use myself.

This led me to trade the product in the "Samples" thread.

As a result of this, I got a product I wanted, and made a great friend with the info we exchanged.

The new owners of AG would be amiss to discontinue such practices.

Word of mouth can be much more valuable than a few free samples here & there.

Calendyr
07-31-2017, 10:15 PM
I have ordered maybe 8 times from AG and I have forgotten to order the free sample 7 out of those 8 times ;)

Doesn't bother me too much, 2 oz of product is not gonna break my world ;)