PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Gloss Pad and WG Pad Cleaner

MikeC78
07-29-2017, 10:20 PM
Anyone have issues with Wolfgangs pad cleaner and the CarPro gloss pads? I've always cleaned my pads with the WG cleaner and have yet to have issues till now. It ate the living crap out of this pricey pad. Used once and now garbage.

wing commander
07-29-2017, 10:39 PM
Wow that pad is toast and the pad cleaner is same one that I have been using. I am going to stay tuned to this thread before I ruin my gloss pads with Wolfgang pad cleaner. Thanks for posting about this.

MikeC78
07-29-2017, 10:42 PM
Yeah, i use this cleaner on all my LC flat pads, tangerine pads, no issues till now... I figured id give the gloss pads a try with some Essence. Not the results i was expecting and then I get this when i clean it! Lol

MikeC78
07-30-2017, 11:00 AM
I know its a Sunday... Hopefully Avi from Carpro might have an answer. Better yet, Id propbably get a better response from CarPro themselves. :). Figured I wanted the rest of the community to know whats going on before they ruin a $9 /pad. Even though I have yet to master the technique of Essence.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-31-2017, 07:48 AM
I am using the Wolfgang Pad Cleaner and Extender on all my pads including the Gloss pads and have yet to experience issues.

I wonder if the regular Pad Cleaner is the culprit as it may have something more aggressive in it?

Will be following along.

Avi@CarPro
08-15-2017, 10:23 AM
The Gloss pad foam is made from Polyurethane , im not sure for what is made the cleaner you used but if it has strong solvent in it , it might laminate the soft foam, best way to wash these pads are air pressure or Tornado , dry cleaning, or worst case with low temp soap water wash.

MikeC78
08-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Avi-

Thanks for the reply. I used a product that is supposedly made to "clean" and "extend" pad life. It's made by Wolfgang products and purchased right here at Autogeek. Are you saying this product is not compatible with your pads? Thanks for any info. Please find a link to the product below:

Wolfgang Pad Werks Pad Cleaner & Extender (http://www.autogeekmobile.net/pad-cleaner-and-extender.html)