PDA

View Full Version : First Post, First Order

scrape
12-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey guys, currently planning out my first order from AG since im getting a PC for christmas. Right now i believe i have a pc with an AIO, probably Klasse and some pads. Right now im in the middle of new england winter, so i plan on waiting til spring to do full paint correction on my Obsidian Plack Pearl/ Titanium Subaru Outback. My plan is as follows Clay- Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay (or reuse the mothers I have)
Polish- Menzerna Intensive Polish PO 91E
Paint Cleaner- Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
Glaze-Red Moose Glaze
Sealant- Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection
Wax- Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax
i also plan on getting all of the proper CCS pads to go with the above products. Im also thinking about getting the clay applicator pad from ag to ease the claying process. any comments or suggestions on my planned process would be a great help, the soob has 126k on it and it needs some TLC. I have been using mothers products since i got it 10k ago, just claybar and wax by hand. It shines, but not for very long and its still swirled, etched, etc. (the girl who had it previously didnt seem to have taken the best care of it. The interior is very clean, the only thing i could see needing for that is a good carpet cleaner for the mats and some spots on the carpet. The wheels are clear coated aluminum so i was planning on washing them and polishing/waxing them off the car. I also have plastx for the headlights which works ok for keeping them shiny but doesnt smooth them out or anything, i was thinking about wet sanding but im not sure about it yet. For the trim i have been using mothers back to black and wax to lengthen its effects which i am actually pretty happy with. I am ready to get serious aboiut my paint and would like it to look as good as possible.

Cashcrazy
12-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Welcome aboard. Your goning to love the AG products.

Tonya
12-15-2007, 06:03 PM
:welcome: Looks like you are on the right track! Watch learn and ask a lot of questions! Everyone here is willing to help!

zaxjax
12-15-2007, 07:16 PM
I would replace the IP with SIP, it has some more cut and still finishes off nicely. Good luck!

scrape
12-15-2007, 09:43 PM
am i going to have any problems with my glaze/sealant combo as far as adhesion goes? i know you can only use certain types of glazes with sealants, but im unsure about the RMG.

pt91
12-15-2007, 11:18 PM
i really like RMG but use it only under waxes. think it may be problem under sealants. might be fine under the LS but not sure about the UPP.
Polycharge the UPP if you hv it.

scrape
12-16-2007, 11:31 AM
then what can i use as a glaze that will work under a sealant? id like to get a little more longevity out of my shine which is why i was thinking of using a sealant topped with a carnuba. And how do i order polycharger from AG? i havent been able to figure it out yet, i cant seem to find it alone, but its on the UPP page as an add on, but again i cant figure out how to add it on.

blk45
12-16-2007, 11:48 AM
There is a company that makes an acrylic glaze that will work under sealants, but it is not sold through AG.

About the polycharger, just shoot Meghan a pm and she can help you.

scrape
12-16-2007, 01:59 PM
what company sells it? also, is the added benefit of the acrylic glaze being able to go under a sealant worth it, or should i just use RMG and LS