PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid Vacuums

Mad Wax
07-29-2017, 12:58 AM
So my Ridgid vac is going on almost 2 full years of heavy use. It's still working just fine, but I'm just wondering how much longer it will last. I'd hate for it to just burn out while I'm at a customers place in the middle of a job. Does anyone know how long these usually last? Thanks for any info!

Route246
07-29-2017, 01:05 AM
I have never burned one out and I use them for everything including digging holes and vacuuming dirt out, vacuuming dirt and rocks, etc.. Mine have all run for a long time. It is usually the barrel and seal that goes before the motor. The wheels are solid, too. I find Ridgid much better than Craftsman.

JeffsRealm
07-29-2017, 05:35 PM
I have one in my workshop I use as a dust collector that is going on 10 years now. I put it down there because the wheels did break on it but I did overload it filled to the brim with water when basement flooded in horrible storms a couple years ago. It has probably pulled up a few hundred gallons of water and then an unknown amount of sawdust.

However I like it enough I recently bought a new one for my car, rv, garage needs.

This one here RIDGID 4.5 gal. 5.0-Peak HP Pro Pack Wet Dry Vac-WD4522 - The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-5-gal-5-0-Peak-HP-Pro-Pack-Wet-Dry-Vac-WD4522/100638389)

I really love it because well it is like carrying a suitcase around all the hoses attachments fit inside and it is square. I can just lift it up and it set squarely on a shelf in the garage. It both sucks and blows so you can use it for blow drying as well. If you were ever looking for a spare. Keep an eye on them they go on sale a lot for some reason I got mine for $50 It is not on rollers or anything which I didn't really need set it in center of RV the hose can reach everywhere. Set it on one side of car can vacuum that whole side, then move to other.

PaulMys
07-29-2017, 06:01 PM
I have one in my workshop I use as a dust collector that is going on 10 years now. I put it down there because the wheels did break on it but I did overload it filled to the brim with water when basement flooded in horrible storms a couple years ago. It has probably pulled up a few hundred gallons of water and then an unknown amount of sawdust.

However I like it enough I recently bought a new one for my car, rv, garage needs.

This one here RIDGID 4.5 gal. 5.0-Peak HP Pro Pack Wet Dry Vac-WD4522 - The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-5-gal-5-0-Peak-HP-Pro-Pack-Wet-Dry-Vac-WD4522/100638389)

I really love it because well it is like carrying a suitcase around all the hoses attachments fit inside and it is square. I can just lift it up and it set squarely on a shelf in the garage. It both sucks and blows so you can use it for blow drying as well. If you were ever looking for a spare. Keep an eye on them they go on sale a lot for some reason I got mine for $50 It is not on rollers or anything which I didn't really need set it in center of RV the hose can reach everywhere. Set it on one side of car can vacuum that whole side, then move to other.

Very true. Plus it can be used as a seat or step stool. Great unit.

David Fermani
07-29-2017, 06:42 PM
We have about a dozen Rigid vacs in our shop and some last for years while others crap out in a couple months. It depends on how they're maintained? Avoid leaving water in the holding tank. It will prematurely rust out your motor. If you get the filter wet dry it out ASAP!

Rest assured, all their vacuums have a lifetime warranty.