PDA

View Full Version : M37 High Def Paint Sealant? Ease of removal?

Pages : [1] 2

mwoywod
07-28-2017, 11:29 PM
Hey guys, I'm about out of Jescar Power Lock+ and was looking for the easiest WOWO sealant to remove. FK1000p is my favorite sealant and by far the easiest to remove, but on customers vehicles I need something that is liquid and I prefer the thicker consistency of Powerlock vs runny consistency of WGDGPS. Has anyone had experience w/ High Def Paint Sealant?

I tried HD Poxy numerous times and no matter how thin I machine applied it, even after 45 minutes plus it always smeared upon removal and left an oily film. I even tried waiting 4 hours once and still no luck. It was a really old bottle so maybe it was bad or I just got a defective batch because it was a PIA to remove..

Thanks guys!

Mad Wax
07-29-2017, 12:50 AM
I find Poorboy's EX-P sealant very easy to remove...although it's more on the runny side.

DBAILEY
07-29-2017, 03:10 AM
M37 High Def Paint Sealant is a sealant I've been wanting to try out also. It sounds like effortless removal based on the reviews I've seen. If it matches Powerlock then would indeed be effortless.

GSKR
07-29-2017, 06:48 AM
Hey guys, I'm about out of Jescar Power Lock+ and was looking for the easiest WOWO sealant to remove. FK1000p is my favorite sealant and by far the easiest to remove, but on customers vehicles I need something that is liquid and I prefer the thicker consistency of Powerlock vs runny consistency of WGDGPS. Has anyone had experience w/ High Def Paint Sealant?

I tried HD Poxy numerous times and no matter how thin I machine applied it, even after 45 minutes plus it always smeared upon removal and left an oily film. I even tried waiting 4 hours once and still no luck. It was a really old bottle so maybe it was bad or I just got a defective batch because it was a PIA to remove..

Thanks guys!

Greatstuff awesome shine and easyvto work with.

ronkh57
07-29-2017, 08:30 AM
Great stuff to work with. Easy on/Easy off

GREAT shine!

mwoywod
07-29-2017, 04:47 PM
Thanks fellas, I went ahead and ordered it. I let you guys know what I think

ScottH
07-29-2017, 04:59 PM
It's a pleasure to remove - as easy as the best carnauba pastes.

You will thoroughly enjoy the process and the results. It's REALLY good, really good.

ScottH

LittleKing24
07-29-2017, 05:20 PM
Applying HD sealant the first few times by hand, it wasn't as easy to buff off as I was hoping. However, applying a thin coat of wax is much harder by hand than it is a machine. After applying it by machine the past few times, the wipe off is effortless. Either way, in the end, it makes the paint look GREAT! It has a pleasant Orange smell as well

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Joe@NextLevelDetail
07-29-2017, 05:25 PM
As far as wipeoff goes it really doesnt get much easier.

https://youtu.be/Le2kghWWn-c
Here is a video of the first car I applied it to. The video shows how easy it really is to wipe off.

AZpolisher15
07-30-2017, 01:13 AM
It's thicker than PL but it spreads very easily. Wipe off is a breeze. Beading on PL is a little better than the hi def. but the hi def has a glossier Sealant look, so great for daily drivers. For clients, friends, and fam, the hi def is a little more of a "oh wow" on the turn around. For connoisseurs looking closely, they might prefer the PL on darker colors. You won't be disappointed. Maybe not wow-ed, but I think you'll be happy. Tip-- Don't let it dry on any plastic trim. It's tough as nails.

mwoywod
07-30-2017, 11:29 AM
It's thicker than PL but it spreads very easily. Wipe off is a breeze. Beading on PL is a little better than the hi def. but the hi def has a glossier Sealant look, so great for daily drivers. For clients, friends, and fam, the hi def is a little more of a "oh wow" on the turn around. For connoisseurs looking closely, they might prefer the PL on darker colors. You won't be disappointed. Maybe not wow-ed, but I think you'll be happy. Tip-- Don't let it dry on any plastic trim. It's tough as nails.

Thanks for the feedback, did HD Paint sealant stain your trim? I asked nick about this when it first was released and he said for "95 percent" of trims it will not stain. I hope it doesn't stain as bad as WGDGPS. I've never had a problem applying Power lock to rubber and smooth plastic trim that is well maintained. Which is the same approach I would have taken with this. Thanks for the tip man

AZpolisher15
07-31-2017, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the feedback, did HD Paint sealant stain your trim? I asked nick about this when it first was released and he said for "95 percent" of trims it will not stain. I hope it doesn't stain as bad as WGDGPS. I've never had a problem applying Power lock to rubber and smooth plastic trim that is well maintained. Which is the same approach I would have taken with this. Thanks for the tip man
Yeah it stained in places. Wish I could say otherwise. If you get it off immediately, I think you'll be ok. But you want to get it all off. If it sits for a week, it's a bear to remove on textured plastics.

mwoywod
07-31-2017, 07:15 PM
Yeah it stained in places. Wish I could say otherwise. If you get it off immediately, I think you'll be ok. But you want to get it all off. If it sits for a week, it's a bear to remove on textured plastics.

Dang, that's too bad. I'll try the ol' apply and immediately remove method and see how that works. I'll just make sure it's a customers car rather than my own.lol

AZpolisher15
08-01-2017, 11:00 AM
When it was released, I noticed a couple things in nicks intro thread that I questioned. One was that it was suggested to not get hi-def wet for 6 hours (yeah, I get it). But then it said don't wash it for a week. That was a new one to me. I asked why- and nick said it has some of the "good stuff" in it (SiO2 that is found in the coatings). And it can take a week to fully cure (but it can get wet after 6 hrs).

I've been finding the hi-def to have really nice self-cleaning ability. And it almost has that "2nd layer of clear" look that I sometimes read about (see FK1000p). Overall, very pleased.

Cruzscarwash
08-01-2017, 11:28 AM
Wipe off it as easy as everyone says, I let it sit for a few hrs even in direct sunlight and it comes of easily. It does get slicker with more time which I think is cool but also weird..lol

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk