PDA

View Full Version : Electric Pressure Washer - Sun Joe vs. AR Blue vs. Ryobi ?

BrBa
07-28-2017, 03:51 PM
I am shopping for a new electric pressure washer because my 5 year old Husky 1750psi just quit. They are no longer made any more but out of all the pressure washers I have tried, the Husky seemed to be the most powerful. Unforunately, I cannot test pressure washers before I buy them so I'm hoping that some people here can steer me in the right direction. I am looking for power and reliability. Gas is not an option for me and my price limit is $200.

From what I have read, people seem to say good things about the Sun Joe SPX3000 (https://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX3000-Pressure-14-5-Amp-Electric/dp/B00CPGMUXW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501274698&sr=8-3&keywords=pressure+washer) , AR Blue AR383 (https://www.amazon.com/AR383-Electric-Pressure-Nozzles-Detergent/dp/B002Z8E52Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1501274660&sr=8-4&keywords=ar+blue+pressure+washer), and the Ryobi 1600-2000 psi lineup (http://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Outdoor-Power-Equipment-Pressure-Washers/Ryobi/N-5yc1vZbxbeZ1aw?browsestoreoption=1) (all 1.2GPM) . Can anyone tell me from experience which one of these is the most powerful? I would think it would be the Sun Joe at 1.7 GPM but I found a thread on here stating that they were falsely rated and were closer to 1.2 GPM. If thats the case, the Sun Joe doesn't really have anything going for it. The AR Blue is said to be a good brand and its a little cheaper. I keep hearing good things about the Ryobis, but I watched a video and the motor sounds exactly like a junk Harbor Freight pressure washer that lasted me about 2 months and had about 2% more power than a garden hose. Of course, I am just going off sound in a youtube video here.

Which one would you guys recommend or are there others out there that might be better?

Thanks

Mike@ShineStruck
07-28-2017, 04:01 PM
sunjoe I think would best for the $$
if I were to go with AR blue...i'd go with one of their semi pro or pro models which are 600+ dollars

briarpatch
07-28-2017, 05:27 PM
I have a SunJoe...very nice little machine.....first thing you'd want to do is replace the fitting where you attach the hose....I paired it with one of those inexpensive foam cannons from Amazon...works great

Sharply Dressed
07-28-2017, 08:47 PM
I'm looking at the AR Blue 2N1 2050psi. Fairly new but reviews are great. I'm mobile and like the pressure it has (home and auto) but also the fact it detaches from the rolling frame and is very portable.

BudgetPlan1
07-28-2017, 08:56 PM
I have a SunJoe...very nice little machine.....first thing you'd want to do is replace the fitting where you attach the hose....I paired it with one of those inexpensive foam cannons from Amazon...works greatBoy, you ain't kidding; also, 15mm vs standard 14mm M-22 connections. What a pain when ya wanna set the whole thing up with quick connects so you can swap guns/wand quickly.

Just got the 3100 (I think...the one with the reel) and works nice and quietly but it also has a proprietary (gun) hose to pressure washer connection; not sure if 3000 model the same but means you can't just by a standard connect 50 ft hose if stock 25ft ain't enough; gotta get sunjoe 25ft extension with the 15mm fitting to extend stock hose.

Otherwise a nice unit that powers a foam cannon quite nicely.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PurpleTowel
07-28-2017, 09:21 PM
I have the Ryobi 2000 psi model and I really like it a lot. The hose should be about 10' longer to be really usable, and that's probably my only complaint. I have fitted mine with brass QD fittings for the gun and the main hose line, too. Makes using the unit so much nicer, and it now goes easily between a short snub nose gun for the foam gun and a full length wand nozzle for wheel wells and wheels.

I will mention that if you by a lower pressure electric—any electric pressure washer—you can buy an MTM foam cannon for lower pressure washers. The part number is #14.0349 and it's got a smaller orifice in the nozzle. If you already have an MTM cannon, you can also buy a 1.1mm replacement orifice for your standard HP foam cannon, part number #36.5000. It's a necessity, IMO, if you are using a lower GPM or PSI electric washer.

howardm4
07-30-2017, 09:09 AM
MTM Hydro makes a M22 14x15 coupler that can be used to convert the SunJoe to normal. You can also find an aluminum version on Amazon. I also found a single widget that attaches to the end of the SJ hose to directly convert to QC.

Also found a M22x15 female attachment on Amazon or Ebay that converts the SJ 'gun' to normal.

So now I have a SJ3001 fully QC'd. And a Suttner 2000 snub-nose.

BudgetPlan1
07-30-2017, 12:13 PM
MTM Hydro makes a M22 14x15 coupler that can be used to convert the SunJoe to normal. You can also find an aluminum version on Amazon. I also found a single widget that attaches to the end of the SJ hose to directly convert to QC.

Also found a M22x15 female attachment on Amazon or Ebay that converts the SJ 'gun' to normal.

So now I have a SJ3001 fully QC'd. And a Suttner 2000 snub-nose.Yeah, got all that yesterday but man, what a pain!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

andyo
07-30-2017, 05:41 PM
when looking for a pressure washer don't go to the hardware store or big box store and but the 150.00 washer. the normal person it will last a long time as they wash their deck for 1 hour a year and it lasts 10 years, and they think they got their money worth, as those only lasted 10 hours to begin with. have to get the gasoline powered pressure washers that will last forever as you maintain the washer.

Nataliaroger
08-20-2017, 03:21 AM
I'm going to vote for sun joe spx3000, im using this one and its best pressure washer of 2017 in my views!

Cheers

AutoScrub
08-20-2017, 04:38 AM
Spend the extra 30$ ad get the karcher k4, Sunjoe will disappoint if you're actually hoping to get 1.76gpm or anywhere close to 2000psi

VISITOR
08-20-2017, 11:31 AM
check this thread out if you haven't already...

Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!! (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/110388-got-rid-my-overpriced-karcher-pw-bought-cheap-ryobi-upgraded-way-better-setup.html)