PDA

View Full Version : D2G Product Review: Diamondite Glasswork System

Pages : [1] 2

Dust2Glory
12-15-2007, 12:27 PM
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-36810465341236_1979_4918802

I had a customer who was victim to a drive by sludging... someone threw some kind of junk on his car. Well he called to let me know he got "most" of it off by using Simple Green... well he didn't get most of it off and ended up staining hes windows pretty bad. So I told him I could order a kit to clean it up.

Well needless to say this kit did it all. I washed the windows with a good soaking of SIG with a WW. The proceeded to clay the windows with the provided clay and lube.

As for the polishing, I tried to use the little pad with a drill... no good. I pulled out my UDM and lo pro orange pad and knocked out the windows quick. Used a wolfgang polishing pad for spots not able to reach with the udm. buffed off with a WW.

Then I applied the Glass sheild, which works alot like Rain-X. Will have to call customer on sheeting or beading as since it has rained since i did the glass.

Overall this product definately delivers. As for pics... there wasn't alot of sun out... so I couldn't capture the full effect of how bad the glass was.
And I wish there was more product with the package... but you don't really use that much to begin with.

In the pic you can kind of see the lines and some of the spotting:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z101/preacher4jsus/CIMG0736.jpg

The afters:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z101/preacher4jsus/CIMG0737.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z101/preacher4jsus/CIMG0738.jpg

Jimmie
12-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the review Dust. Good info there. That window looked better than new.

Driven Auto Detail
12-15-2007, 02:51 PM
You can definitely tell a difference. Looks great!

Meghan
12-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Great review~ thanks for sharing.

AL417
12-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the review. It's always good to know that a kit like this is available.
Big bonus that it worked so well!

wolfpacker92
12-15-2007, 04:04 PM
I have this kit as well and it does a good job of removing water spots.

D_Nyholm
01-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Would this be the recommended product for polishing the front window as well to get rid of wiper streaks, bird poop stains, etc??? I am looking for something to re-new my front windshield without having to call insurance to get it replaced, but am not sure which way to go. Feed back please

Meghan
01-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Will work just as good on the front as the side windows!

Russecu
01-03-2008, 03:22 PM
What is the clay like with this system? It looks very similar to some yellow clay that I have that can no longer be purchased. You know what kind I am talking about. Just curious from reading its description.

Tonya
01-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the review! Looks great!

budman3
01-03-2008, 07:57 PM
What is the clay like with this system? It looks very similar to some yellow clay that I have that can no longer be purchased. You know what kind I am talking about. Just curious from reading its description.

I was thinking the same exact thing. It looks identical to the pinnacle poly clay but maybe since it isn't clay for paint, it may be the old yellow poly clay since that wouldn't be against the AM patent?? Someone please tell me it is! :)

Dust2Glory
01-03-2008, 09:34 PM
I was thinking the same exact thing. It looks identical to the pinnacle poly clay but maybe since it isn't clay for paint, it may be the old yellow poly clay since that wouldn't be against the AM patent?? Someone please tell me it is! :)

well it's really pliable and easy to work with... I was able to get my hands on some Ricardo yellow clay, and it's like the excat same thing. Now I don't know how some clay would be specifically made for glass and not be able to use it on paint???

budman3
01-03-2008, 09:43 PM
well it's really pliable and easy to work with... I was able to get my hands on some Ricardo yellow clay, and it's like the excat same thing. Now I don't know how some clay would be specifically made for glass and not be able to use it on paint???

Thank you!!! It may be the same thing but since it is listed as glass clay it doesn't infringe on the patent that Auto Magic has on all paint clay. Atleast that is my thinking/hope. Hopefully that is the case and AM won't have a hissy fit and sue PBMA (Diamondite) for selling a non-AM clay, they are notorious for doing this... but hopefully PBMA is safe because it isn't for paint contamination....

Then again it may infact be an AM product and my rambling would mean nothing ... the only thing that matters is that this product is like the Eraxer clay (Riccardo, Stuf, old opti-clay, old PB clay, old Adam's clay, Smart clay, etc produced by Kucala)

ss-truck
01-03-2008, 11:21 PM
On my show car my glass being 36 years old has lost some of its luster . Would this be a good way to bring back the new glass look ?

Surfer
01-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Just curious but are you into moto-x, Baja racing etc? (looking at your screen name Dust2Glory)