PDA

View Full Version : Is it my towel or my QD?

Jag07
07-26-2017, 10:18 PM
I applied Sonax High Speed spray wax ( found a new love for it) and dodo juice tropical detailer ( got it on a two for one). I applied each on opposite sides of the car to kind of see the difference, don't ask why I felt like experimenting. But...

I have meguiars ultimate qd. I sprayed on and used my workhorse gold plush ( first kind I ever bought so now I use them for everything) and instead of the typical spread and flash... it just kind of smeared around... never done that before.

I have used them to waterless wash with pinnacle ww with carnauba as well as remove waxes and sealants. But they typically return to form with a good wash. Probably have done that cycle a dozen times. Now the QD spent a few days in the trunk of my car on a few hot as hell days and aside from that is exactly the same.

I cant decide if it is the towel or the QD.

Has as anyone come across this problem?

Route246
07-27-2017, 12:42 AM
Do the towels wipe plain water off correctly?

VISITOR
07-27-2017, 12:52 AM
try giving your microfiber towels a good wash with some vinegar in the extra rinse cycle. try them out again and see how they perform...

Legumes
07-27-2017, 05:01 AM
Were you applying the QD in direct sunlight? If the car or product is very warm, you can have smearing issues.

Jag07
07-27-2017, 09:30 AM
Test with water...Pfft yeah I totally checked that before posting... (I'll be right back)
So, yes and no. The plan water did wipe and absorb better than with the QD. But it also seemed to push the leading edge water around. I tried it on the rear quarter panels and it just made it drip down.

I am in an apartment with just the huge basement machine that cost too much, so I do a lot of hand washing of the towels, perhaps I'm not very good at being a wash maid. But you use the vinegar in the bleach section of a machine correct?

I was not in direct sunlight. Did this on a cool overcast day.

I'm thinking it is a combo of the QD and towel but mostly towel.