PDA

View Full Version : Glass Sealant on cameras?

JeffsRealm
07-26-2017, 03:10 PM
I am guessing the answer is yes, but I have a new F150 with the full 360 view, back up view etc. Basically this works by there are several little hidden fish eye cameras all over the truck. They do appear to be covered by glass but I guess it could be plastic. Feels like glass and sounds little like glass when tapped on, it's pretty small though. Anyway these do work great except when it rains, sometimes drops and so on hang on and water sticks. So you just get a blurry mess in the camera. My last truck had just the reverse camera, and I also know in winter it got salt spray on it rather quickly.

Anyway I applied Pinnacle glass coat window sealant to my windows, so that what I have, and was wondering if this could be applied to the cameras as well to help with rain and wet weather? If not is there something else?

Gunslinger
07-26-2017, 03:16 PM
I can't say for sure, but since automatic car washes apply liquid waxes I see no reason why your applying a sealant would be harmful. Cars and trucks go through all kinds of slop and weather so a glass sealant should be a help.

JeffsRealm
07-26-2017, 03:29 PM
I can't say for sure, but since automatic car washes apply liquid waxes I see no reason why your applying a sealant would be harmful. Cars and trucks go through all kinds of slop and weather so a glass sealant should be a help.

Thanks that's kind of what I was thinking figured I would run it by the forum here. I did a paint sealant but these are in the trim of the vehicle so they were taped off.