PDA

View Full Version : Is D120 as good as Stoner's Invisible Glass? Better? Worse?

Pages : [1] 2 3

PouncingPanzer
07-26-2017, 11:41 AM
I'm almost out of glass cleaner and was feeling adventurous. I have had great success with all of the Meg's Detailer line of products. The economical factor of these products is a great plus too! How do you guys feel about D120? Currently using Stoner's Invisible Glass, I like the stuff, have no issues with it other then I think it could be a lil cheaper. But since it works so well I never gripped about that.

Any current users of D120? Anything you feel I should try instead? I have pretty much stuck to the foaming glass cleaners, which are nice because they don't run. But, the issue with the foaming glass cleaners is that sometimes when the can is below 1/2 full, and I am not holding the can complexity level, I get nothing but a burst of aerosol and it leaves a hazy spot on the glass I have to work to get off. Maybe this problem is just with Stoner's though?

Thanks guys.

BillyJack
07-26-2017, 11:58 AM
I have both on the shelf and reach for the D120 most often. I prefer the more controllable pump spray over the aerosol can. Neither one does a better job, IMO, as I feel the results are more determined by technique than product.

Bill

dcjredline
07-26-2017, 12:10 PM
I agree, they are both great. I would think that the D120 would be much more economical.

LEDetailing
07-26-2017, 12:14 PM
I've used both and agree with BillyJack. Towels and technique are more important than product.

Go with the D120 on cost alone. One gallon of D120 makes 11 gallons of cleaner. I always mix with distilled water. So I get 11 gallons of product for around $30.00.

A gallon of Stoners Invisible Glass would cost around $25 if bought in the 22oz pump sprayer. One tenth the price. No brainer for me.

PouncingPanzer
07-26-2017, 12:34 PM
I agree guys, towels used overtake product used when it comes to cleaning glass. Hell, the right towels with distilled water would probably clean most. But I wasn't sure if D120 cured cancer or was as good as any. Good as any is good enough :)

There is a sale of Meg's right now on another site, I'm about to grab a gallon of D120 for $14.99. $14.99 for 11(potential) gallons of glass cleaner. #winning

VISITOR
07-26-2017, 02:11 PM
here's something to think about. btw, i like and use IG it's a great product...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlGz1cNaITA

FUNX650
07-26-2017, 02:54 PM
We use Meguiar's D120 for
not only our vehicles, but also
around the house...even for
recreational activities...

Good Stuff (that won't break
the wallet/pocketbook)!

P.S.
It won't cure cancers; but,
it smells like Purple Drank:
Who could ask for anything more?!?!

Bob

FrankS
07-26-2017, 03:10 PM

This is interesting!

After I saw this I went and checked my bottle of D120 and sure enough it's a different color.

The bottle on the left has ONR lube, the bottle on the right has Megs D120 diluted as recommended.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2783/800_IMG_3220.JPG (https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/119905/title/800-img-3220/cat/2783)

LEDetailing
07-26-2017, 03:18 PM

Interesting, I don't see any staining in my Meguiar's brand D120 bottle. Same exact bottle as the video. My d120 has been in there for 6 months. Wonder if it has to do with the type of water. Maybe he was using deionized (not distilled) water and it was changing the properties?

dcjredline
07-26-2017, 05:49 PM
I have a stained bottle of Hyperdressing that looks the same color. Mine was stained from UV NOT from the product in it though

willowcat11
07-26-2017, 06:59 PM
Thanks for posting that video Visitor!

I just use Invisible Glass as well. Plus I don't do High Volume work, so buying in bulk doesn't mean too much for me.

VISITOR
07-26-2017, 07:00 PM
i use to us d120 many years ago but found it be sticky and i just didn't really care for it compared to megs nxt/perfect clarity glass cleaner or even IG. if one has good luck with it, more power to you...

The Guz
07-26-2017, 07:14 PM

My bottle has discolored like that as well. Been using sprayway and sonax as of late as. IG is good too. Have a bottle of that in the trunk of my daily.

GSKR
07-26-2017, 07:20 PM
I'm almost out of glass cleaner and was feeling adventurous. I have had great success with all of the Meg's Detailer line of products. The economical factor of these products is a great plus too! How do you guys feel about D120? Currently using Stoner's Invisible Glass, I like the stuff, have no issues with it other then I think it could be a lil cheaper. But since it works so well I never gripped about that.

Any current users of D120? Anything you feel I should try instead? I have pretty much stuck to the foaming glass cleaners, which are nice because they don't run. But, the issue with the foaming glass cleaners is that sometimes when the can is below 1/2 full, and I am not holding the can complexity level, I get nothing but a burst of aerosol and it leaves a hazy spot on the glass I have to work to get off. Maybe this problem is just with Stoner's though?

Thanks guys.

D120 by far I can attest Im mobile in south flat.They don't sell the original dD120its blue now and its not the same.I use nenzett if that's the correct name and I cut it 50/50 and out performs both Stoner's and d120.

GSKR
07-26-2017, 07:21 PM
Meant south fla.