PDA

View Full Version : [Help] Cutting speed option and pads for Flex 7 150

KeryNg
07-25-2017, 11:47 AM
Hello guys,

I just bought the Flex 7 15 150 and I tried to use it for cutting step after wet sanding step with speed 5 and LC Orange pad 6 inch with FG400 compound but it leaves many swirl marks on the paint surface. I also tried the 5 inch microfiber pad but stiml remain the same 😔

The arm speed and body movement are slow.

When using rotary machine, I can remove all swirls but with the Flex, Im stuck on it. Am I lacking on some technique for this XFE7? So now I really need some help from anyone who tried the XFE7.

Any help is appreciated 😊

Thank you all!

RMarkJr
07-25-2017, 11:51 AM
Hello guys,

I just bought the Flex 7 15 150 and I tried to use it for cutting step after wet sanding step with speed 5 and LC Orange pad 6 inch with FG400 compound but it leaves many swirl marks on the paint surface. I also tried the 5 inch microfiber pad but stiml remain the same ��

The arm speed and body movement are slow.

When using rotary machine, I can remove all swirls but with the Flex, Im stuck on it. Am I lacking on some technique for this XFE7? So now I really need some help from anyone who tried the XFE7.

Any help is appreciated ��

Thank you all!

anytime you use a compound you are going to see marring and with a microfiber pad as well. You will need to go over it with a polishing pad and a polish. Something like M205 or a menzerna polish

KeryNg
07-25-2017, 12:10 PM
When I use rotary polisher, swirl marks fade alot and I switch to polishing step all marks will go away. But with the XFE, many marks still there even after the polishing step with white LC pad & medium cut compound.

Is speed 5 is good enough for the cutting? About the arm speed should I go from very slow/slow or medium?
I want to use XFE for all steps using all step pads n compound instead of using rotary polisher then xfe for polishing step

Am I doing something wrong ?