PDA

View Full Version : Plasti Dip removal

Rod73
07-25-2017, 07:26 AM
Any advice or techniques for someome who is removing plasti dip from a vehicle for the 1st time. (For a customer) I believe it is on the car's paimy at least. Also my gut tells me its not the greatest application. I have not seen the car yet. It would not be out of the question for me to pass on this job.

goldendodo19
07-25-2017, 07:57 AM
If he applied it heavy enough it'll peel off once you catch an edge. If its overspray on the paint a clay bar will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AeroCleanse
07-25-2017, 05:31 PM
Any advice or techniques for someome who is removing plasti dip from a vehicle for the 1st time. (For a customer) I believe it is on the car's paimy at least. Also my gut tells me its not the greatest application. I have not seen the car yet. It would not be out of the question for me to pass on this job.

Peel it off.

Sizzle Chest
07-25-2017, 06:22 PM
As long as it has multiple coatings/layers it will peel off nicely. It can take some time if it's a little 'thin' because it will come off in pieces instead of sheets/whole panels.

If you are having trouble, you can psi wash it off, or some solvents, make sure they are paint/trim/rubber safe, will assist in removal.

Let us know how you make out!