PDA

View Full Version : Whats better then Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bgray
07-23-2017, 09:31 AM
Hey all,

Ive stepped away from alot of conventional products and have been using ceramic coatings for the past few years for Coatings with amazing results. However, I find on my older cars that go to shows and live in the garage they are quiet the pain to maintain a streak free finish. As we know, ceramic coatings are very picky with anything applied over them as a QD.

Soooo, before that i always loved Wolfgang sealant. Great covering, easy to work with, and is trouble free. I was about to order a new bottle, but im curious is there anything out there that is the new latest and greatest version of that?

thanks

Brandon

Hammer77
07-23-2017, 09:56 AM
Curious, what are you using for QD's on your coated vehicles?

bgray
07-23-2017, 10:16 AM
Man, i have tried it all. Specialized products from shine Supply, Car Pro, Even some Home brew methods, nothing is ever 100% streak free

Kamakaz1961
07-23-2017, 11:49 AM
IMO there really isn't anything better than a Wolfgang Sealant. Now I believe there are many that are just as good or as comparable to Wolfgang's.

Menzerna
Polish Angel
Blackfire

Just these samples alone are just as good as Wolfgang's. You can't go wrong buying another bottle. I use Menzerna and Polish Angel as my sealants FWIW. I would not hesitate to get Wolgang's in the future if need be.

bgray
07-23-2017, 12:19 PM
OK, thats kind fo what i thought. Just didnt know if there was a better option all these years later

auntrout
07-23-2017, 12:42 PM
I'm new to detailing and used Sonax Polymer Net Shield on my new Audi. Its been on there about a 6 months and still sheeting off water like the day I applied it and still looks great. However, it sounds like the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0 may be the standard by which other sealants are measured. For those that may have used both the Sonax and Wolfgang at some point, I was wondering what differences I might see. I'm wondering if I should be going to the Wolfgang after I use up my aerosol can of the Sonax. TIA

Klasse Act
07-23-2017, 01:50 PM
WG 3.0 is pretty awesome but give Duragloss #111 a shot.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

AZpolisher15
07-23-2017, 06:53 PM
^ do what he said.

craigdt
07-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Along with WGDGPS, I'd suggest Blackfire Wet Diamond as a top-tier sealant.

Super easy to work and looks just plain awesome.

van185
08-05-2017, 06:09 PM
I have tried numerous sealants. In my opinion WG is about as good as it gets for a really slick finish. Menzerna is a close second. For the price it's hard to beat Poorboys. WG is my favorite of all that I've tried.

Rsurfer
08-05-2017, 06:39 PM
I'm new to detailing and used Sonax Polymer Net Shield on my new Audi. Its been on there about a 6 months and still sheeting off water like the day I applied it and still looks great. However, it sounds like the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0 may be the standard by which other sealants are measured. For those that may have used both the Sonax and Wolfgang at some point, I was wondering what differences I might see. I'm wondering if I should be going to the Wolfgang after I use up my aerosol can of the Sonax. TIA

Comon, six months and still sheeting like the day you put it on. If that were true, it would be the most durable sealant on the market, unless its garaged 24/7.

FUNX650
08-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Allowing WDGPS 3.0 to have a 24 hr.
cure-time; then, applying another
layer of WDGPS 3.0...as the "topper":

Now that, IMO, is:
THE WDGPS 3.0 betterment!

Bob

Bigred
09-22-2017, 11:48 PM
Try Griots Poly wax...great product!

willowcat11
09-23-2017, 01:13 AM
If you were looking for a QD that doesn't streak, there's no better place to look that Wolfgang UBER. You can make a QD, WW, or Rinseless wash out of it.

The reason why it's my go-to is because it does NOT streak at all. It is Terrific stuff! And leaves surfaces Very Slick and smooth, like you just waxed it.

In fact, I clean my glass with it all the time, because it doesn't streak.

willowcat11
09-23-2017, 01:16 AM
Oh, and I also agree with Bob's statement about 3.0!