PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin wash mitt newbie question(s)

Zune
07-22-2017, 02:42 PM
After using Pinnacle UltraPoly clay for a few years, I've decided to try the Nanoskin (fine grade) wash mitt for my paint prep work given all the great reviews (& the potential time saving). I am not a professional detailer, & will be using the mitt on our well-maintained daily drivers (Acura MDX & Audi SQ5). Of course, the product instructions recommend using Nanoskin's Bubble Bath Wash & lubricant, but I was hoping I could simply use my regular wash (Meguiar's Gold Class) & the quick detailer spray I use as a clay lubricant. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Kamakaz1961
07-22-2017, 02:46 PM
After using Pinnacle UltraPoly clay for a few years, I've decided to try the Nanoskin (fine grade) wash mitt for my paint prep work given all the great reviews (& the potential time saving). I am not a professional detailer, & will be using the mitt on our well-maintained daily drivers (Acura MDX & Audi SQ5). Of course, the product instructions recommend using Nanoskin's Bubble Bath Wash & lubricant, but I was hoping I could simply use my regular wash (Meguiar's Gold Class) & the quick detailer spray I use as a clay lubricant. Any thoughts? Thanks.

No problem at all! I use the wash mitt (blue) with any car soap. Right now I am using Opti car soap. I usually use the mitt after I wash the car 1st. I add more soap to my dedicated wash bucket, add more water for suds and just use the mitt as a regular wash cloth. Works wonders saves claying time significantly and no need for lube. You car soap is the lube and IMO is better than any lube as it's car soap and you ride is already wet.

Once you use the car mitt you will never clay the old fashioned way again.

But most of all HAVE FUN!!

Paul A.
07-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Couldn't agree more with Kamakaz. I use my DG902 regular wash soap with my Nano mitt. If its new break it in on glass surfaces first.

I do exactly as Kamakz said, I wash the entire vehicle first, rinse it all off and then soap it up again in sections and nanoskin away. It's MUCH faster than traditional clay and basically because its a bigger "clay" surface much like a wash mitt. Make sure you rinse it off often to get any debris off the sticky part. You'll love it.

KirkH
07-22-2017, 09:03 PM
I have used the nanoskin mitt with Chemical Guys Clean Slate Surface Cleanser Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-clean-slate.html) to decontaminate. Really great pre-polish combination for me!

But yes you can use any soap you want.