PDA

View Full Version : paint on tires and inner fenders

greg g
07-21-2017, 02:12 AM
I have a 2010 2 door Honda Accord and when I was washing it earlier this week I noticed white paint all over the passenger side inner fenders and also on the rear passenger tire. This looks like that super tough paint the road crews use for lines on the highways. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove the paint? Tried the pressure washer and that didn't do anything. Ive thought about pulling the inner fenders out and using some kind paint remover.

Was going to add pics but now photo f'it doesn't allow 3rd party hosting

Thanks Greg.

74 thing
07-21-2017, 02:39 AM
3M Adhesive Remover should do the trick
3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner, bug and tar remover, adhesive remover, decal remover, tree sap remover (http://www.autogeek.net/3m-adhesive-cleaner.html)

DBAILEY
07-21-2017, 03:33 AM
If that doesn't work, then try GOOF OFF PRO STRENGTH REMOVER. I used it on exactly the same thing you need it for. I also had it all over the driver's side rocker panel and bottom half of the doors and rear bumper. It removes it in 2-4 wipes with a MF. I get it at AZ. It is citrus based.

greg g
07-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Thanks folks. I'm gonna grab one each of those tomorrow and see how it works. My Honda is t a show car, it's my daily but inreally like it to look it's best. I'll post up results afterwards.

Thanks again

Greg