PDA

View Full Version : Opti gloss coat Mishap

brunorio
07-20-2017, 03:48 PM
At one point the syringe got stuck and shot the Gloss Coat in the air and I didn't realize it went on the side windows, B pillars and the freshly coated Opti-Gloss side I just did. When I returned to that side there were spots on the glass, trim and the paint what do U think I should do.

Sean M at ShowShine
07-20-2017, 05:17 PM
polish it off the paint and reapply, glass same thing, trim if plastic you may have to get creative.

FUNX650
07-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Yes...You'll need to polish
off all unwanted "spotting".

Editorial:
•Crazy...using syringes for the
purpose of dosing car-care
products; Yep: Crazy (like a fox)
marketing tool!

•Best to throw away that blue
thingamajig, and let gravity
take over the "wetting of the
pad" process.

Bob

kevincwelch
07-20-2017, 10:04 PM
Always pull back on syringes before plunging if they have been sitting for a bit.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

gling
07-21-2017, 12:18 AM
Inject into spray bottle, mist onto applicator pad.58981

Sent from my SM-G935V using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

DBAILEY
07-21-2017, 02:46 AM
I bet OptiCoat would harden if you put it a bottle like the CQuartz one. You can get hardening from just a little air bubble if you don't burp the syringe before putting the cap back on. Its too thick for an eyedropper

Whiplash Willy
07-21-2017, 11:00 AM
I bet OptiCoat would harden if you put it a bottle like the CQuartz one. You can get hardening from just a little air bubble if you don't burp the syringe before putting the cap back on. Its too thick for an eyedropper

I tried my hardest to get all of the air out of my remaining OptiCoat in the syringe. There is still a tiny bubble, abou the size of half a peppercorn. Will that cause it to harden?

spazzz
07-21-2017, 02:37 PM
I tried my hardest to get all of the air out of my remaining OptiCoat in the syringe. There is still a tiny bubble, abou the size of half a peppercorn. Will that cause it to harden?
No

Calendyr
07-21-2017, 05:42 PM
I have some Opti Coat 2.0 from 3 years ago. Last time I used it (last week) there was a large air bubble in the tube. And the product has not hardened or anything. Gloss Coat is supposed to be friendlier to use, so I would expect it to be even more resistant to issues like that.

DBAILEY
07-22-2017, 03:36 AM
Not a tiny one. Sounds like you tried to burp it. A big bubble like you forgot to burp it... yes

So you think it would work in a Carpro spray bottle?

DBAILEY
07-22-2017, 03:38 AM
So you think it would work in that Carpro spray bottle?