PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz Maintenance

Pages : [1] 2

spewking
07-19-2017, 08:52 PM
So, I've just applied my first ever CQuartz coating and need advice about how to maintain until my next full correction.

How do you keep your car shiny and protected? Do you apply Reload every so often? Do you apply hydro2? Use other waxes or spray polymers, e.g. Blackfire? Or just use rinseless like WG Uber at rinseless or detail strength following a wash?

I expect the durBility and shine of the cquartz to amaze me, but these other products and their benefits cause me to question what to use to keep up the good look After initial application.

what doe you suggest?

Thanks.

vobro
07-19-2017, 08:59 PM
All I use is Reset for traditional wash, ECH20 for rinsless wash and ECH20 at 1:15 for drying aid. In the past I've used Reload but find it unnecessary now since the ECH20 came out. I'm keeping it as simple as possible and my CQUK is 21 months old and performs about 85% as it did when new, still sheds water like a champ

Edi25
07-19-2017, 09:00 PM
So, I've just applied my first ever CQuartz coating and need advice about how to maintain until my next full correction.

How do you keep your car shiny and protected? Do you apply Reload every so often? Do you apply hydro2? Use other waxes or spray polymers, e.g. Blackfire? Or just use rinseless like WG Uber at rinseless or detail strength following a wash?

I expect the durBility and shine of the cquartz to amaze me, but these other products and their benefits cause me to question what to use to keep up the good look After initial application.

what doe you suggest?

Thanks.

From what I read about it
(Haven't used the product myself yet)
U don't want put any waxes on top coating cus it's changes it's look and I tell me if I'm wrong it messes with its durability
From what I seen
Reload every month
Reset shampoo
ECHo2
For maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

FrankS
07-19-2017, 09:02 PM
For washing, a great soap to use is Reset.

Lubricious, attracts very little dust (if any), helps keep the coating clean and working like it should.

Rsurfer
07-19-2017, 09:06 PM
I have CQuartz Classic on my daily driver (3 yrs old) that sits outside 24/7 for 18 months and use Reload once a month. I also do a waterless wash (Ech2o)

I was planning to polish with Essence and apply CQuartz Pro, but after claying with Pinnacle fine clay there were so few marring that I decided to leave it alone. Maybe get another 18 months out of it.

PouncingPanzer
07-20-2017, 07:29 AM
Use CarPro Reset, Gyeon Bathe, or Shine Supply "Shift" for your soaps. CarPro Reset works really well with my quartz coating and so does Shift. When it comes to maintaining your coating shampoo is the most important part I feel. I have noticed a loss in beading and gloss even with some. Thankfully Reset does what it's called, it Resets. Pricey, but worth it. Shift is a bit more economical by the gallon.

I use CarPro Reload about every 5-6 washes, and I mist my car with CarPro ECO2o @ 1:15 as I dry it. Silica based products are your friend, gloss enhancers and waxes are the enemy.

evo77
07-20-2017, 09:04 AM
I've broken into the world of coatings by applying CQUK to the wheels only of our two vehicles. So far I've only washed them with Mckees N-914 and once with Megs Wash Plus+. Since both don't leave anything behind I figured this was ok. And it didn't appear to affect the finish. On my car I've applied Reload twice to the wheels since I applied the coating.

I'll probably switch to Ech2o so that I can perhaps avoid the extra step of Reload, as another user here mentioned.

RippyD
07-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Use CarPro Reset, Gyeon Bathe, or Shine Supply "Shift" for your soaps. CarPro Reset works really well with my quartz coating and so does Shift. When it comes to maintaining your coating shampoo is the most important part I feel. I have noticed a loss in beading and gloss even with some. Thankfully Reset does what it's called, it Resets. Pricey, but worth it. Shift is a bit more economical by the gallon.

I use CarPro Reload about every 5-6 washes, and I mist my car with CarPro ECO2o @ 1:15 as I dry it. Silica based products are your friend, gloss enhancers and waxes are the enemy.
TAC Systems Mystic Bubble? Looks to be similar to Reset and Bathe. (Seems like many CarPro and Gyeon products are slightly tweaked TAC products. I could be wrong.)

These don't seem expensive when you consider they get used at 1:500. Price per gallon diluted seems in line with Opt Car Wash and HD Pink.

Klasse Act
07-20-2017, 06:43 PM
TAC system is starting to creep in here :props:

I'm only 2 monthes into my 3rd go around with coatings, each one more expensive than the other mind you and here's what I've been doing. I first learned NOT to do a RW or WW with a product that has wax in it, it dimishes the finish and when I say this, well, if you've got an eye for what your car looked like when it was first coated, well, you know how awesome it looked. I only wash with N914 and Ech2o. I have also tried the above mentioned products on my car, yes product(s).

First it took me 2-3 stronger N914 washes to bring back the finish tainted with the RW or WW's with wax in them, but when it came back, it was very noticeable! Like I said, I've tried a couple of the above mentioned products, in various uses and my God does my car look great! (I'm really not one to brag but its more about being blown away and proud!)

RippyD
07-20-2017, 07:55 PM
First it took me 2-3 stronger N914 washes to bring back the finish tainted with the RW or WW's with wax in them, but when it came back, it was very noticeable!
Interesting. I had a similar experience and was wondering if I imagined it. Some test panels we're looking great. I hit them with N-914 at ~50:1 two times and they seemed to start beading water a lot better. Will try to get some pics this weekend.

What's the coating that came back to life once other products were removed?

Klasse Act
07-20-2017, 08:07 PM
I have Wolfgang Uber ceramic paint coating applied 2x's. I have toppers by a company mentioned earlier but can't talk about them here. I really hope AG finds them/they reach out to AG (not sure how the process works) and brings them in😎

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
07-20-2017, 08:13 PM
I drove my car in an absolute downpour this morning and parked it. It stopped raining about 20 mins after it was parked and eventually cleared out. Five hours later I went out on the 2nd part of my run and stopped to look at my car. Not only did I NOT see any waterspots, including the glass but barely any dirt. Where I did see "some" was on top of the rear bumper and down on the sideskirts but I mean minimal. So minimal infact that if I had a cruise night type thing to go to I wouldn't have even wiped it down with my travel WW (N914). I basically have 2 different types of "coating toppers" on the car right now and I'm just shaking my head right now, it's incredible.

I can't talk about them here per the rules but drop me a PM, hopefully that's ok.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

fly07sti
07-20-2017, 08:15 PM
Reset is great as others have stated, but for a Fantasic soap meant to compliment CQuartz, I'd recommend CarPro Hydrofoam. Stuff is phenomenal.

RippyD
07-20-2017, 09:54 PM
I can't talk about them here per the rules but drop me a PM, hopefully that's ok.
We get it. Coincidentally, earlier today I was considering why/when/how AG brings in products. First of all, they'd have to be able to make money on them, which means they have to be able to get distributor pricing. And some places may insist on MAP pricing for resale, which I doubt AG wants to do. And I have to believe AG can help drive people toward products, so as a supplier do you want a larger percentage going through another channel rather than selling at retail. Too long winded - point I'm making is that it's not as simple as AG picking up the phone and saying "hey, send us some product x."

Then consider the products AG has. And all the different brands. (It also occurred to me that Bob McKee must be a branding and marketing guru.)

RippyD
07-21-2017, 12:23 AM
And just realized I mentioned a non-AG product in an earlier reply. My bad and was just not thinking about the source.