PDA

View Full Version : white spots from all weather car cover

Nicksmall350
07-19-2017, 12:04 PM
Good afternoon everyone I recently bought my dream car an 1987 Buick turbo T and put a car cover on it while on vacation and took the cover off to fire it up and realized that the cover had left whit spots all over the original paint that can be felt any help would be appreciated

Mike Phillips
07-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Good afternoon everyone

I recently bought my dream car an 1987 Buick turbo T and put a car cover on it while on vacation and took the cover off to fire it up and realized that the cover had left whit spots all over the original paint that can be felt any help would be appreciated

Wow!

Never seen anything like this before...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Car_Cover_White_Spots_01.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Car_Cover_White_Spots_02.jpg

Can you take some great close-ups of these spots?

Just thinking out loud, because they appear randomly over the body panels my guess is there was something wrong with the paint in these areas to start with and the cover then caused the spots?

Just guess... but why would it only happen in select areas when the entire car and thus all of the paint was covered?

Normally when white spots appear in CLEARCOATS after being under a car cover the remedy is to pull the car out into the sun and let any moisture that has become trapped IN the clearcoat to heat up and evaporate out.

Some people have stated they have used a hair blow dryer to do the same type of thing that sun rays do.

The white spots I see in your pictures look like they are way past the sun fixing them or a hair blow dryer.

Again... can you take some really good close-ups?

And since this was your first post to our forum...

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

:welcome:

Nicksmall350
07-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Thank you very much Mike I'll take some close up pictures and post them son

Unreinmichelle1
09-29-2017, 11:26 AM
I have the same problem, after using a car cover. any help would be great.6033660335603346033360336603356033460333