PDA

View Full Version : 2009 VW Tiguan

Kevin845
07-19-2017, 06:10 AM
Hi Guys,

Polished one this weekend and I found the paint extremely hard. Just curious if others have found the same to be true.

idriveblackcars
07-19-2017, 07:05 AM
Yeah it can be. Any time I need to cut I use microfiber pads. Foam doesn't do much correction on a VW. Almost always have to do a two step and finish with a foam pad.

lawrenceSA
07-19-2017, 09:11 AM
I have corrected 54 VW's to date and all have had paint that is 'hard' - most will require a 2-step to get 'right', the first of which is often something like FG400/SHC300 on a foamed wool pad.

Desertnate
07-19-2017, 09:24 AM
Yeah it can be. Any time I need to cut I use microfiber pads. Foam doesn't do much correction on a VW. Almost always have to do a two step and finish with a foam pad.

I've done pretty well with both white and orange Lake Country foam pads and a good compound like Blackfire SRC Compound on my black MK6 GTI. Granted the paint is never in a terrible state, but I've removed some deeper marring and minor scratches with that combo with little drama and never felt the need for something more aggressive like a MF pad. I'm sure something more aggressive like FG400 would handle it easily.