PDA

View Full Version : APC in Deep Cleaner?

StockDC2
07-19-2017, 12:56 AM
Hello, I am going to rent a deep cleaner and to save $20, was wondering if Meguiar's APC would be a good candidate for the cleaning solution. I've read that vinegar and hot water does wonders but my seats are very dirty so I want to make 2 passes, one with the cleaning agent and another with the vinegar.

Mantilgh
07-19-2017, 07:41 AM
I would spray and agitate with your APC first, then use straight water to extract the cleaner.

You could also use some vinegar in your rinse solution to help neutralize the APC cleaner.

If you want to clean with vinegar use it first, then APC, then a light vinegar rinse.

Vinegar works well for acidic based stains like coffee and soda, but they must be addressed first or the high pH cleaner could set the stain.

It's important to remove APC type cleaners from cloth and carpet because the residue can attract dirt once it is dry.

Mantilgh
07-19-2017, 07:52 AM
The Guz posted this over on MOL.

Basically you'd be using vinegar as a cheap replacement for Megs Fiber Rinse.

D106 and D116 (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?60757-D106-and-D116)

StockDC2
07-19-2017, 11:36 PM
I would spray and agitate with your APC first, then use straight water to extract the cleaner.

You could also use some vinegar in your rinse solution to help neutralize the APC cleaner.

If you want to clean with vinegar use it first, then APC, then a light vinegar rinse.

Vinegar works well for acidic based stains like coffee and soda, but they must be addressed first or the high pH cleaner could set the stain.

It's important to remove APC type cleaners from cloth and carpet because the residue can attract dirt once it is dry.

Sounds great, thanks so much for the reply.

The interior is insanely dirty so I'll agitate with the APC before sucking it up using vinegar + hot water. Hopefully it'll take care of the coffee stains left by the previous owner!