PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845

Ruben12
07-18-2017, 06:34 PM
Hey guys I just received my collinite wax in the mail today and it is very liquidy. Is it supposed to be in that form, or when it cools down it will solidify? Also, what's the best way to apply the wax? Foam pad? What's a good sealant to top it off with?

LSNAutoDetailing
07-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Hey guys I just received my collinite wax in the mail today and it is very liquidy. Is it supposed to be in that form, or when it cools down it will solidify? Also, what's the best way to apply the wax? Foam pad? What's a good sealant to top it off with?

I think you'll find everything you need to know here: https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40243-collinite-845-definitive-how-guide-legendary-wax.html

PaulMys
07-18-2017, 07:07 PM
The link Paul gave above is great.

As a long-time user, I can tell you these tips:

1) Yes, when 845 is warm it is a very thin liquid. (As far as a wax goes)

2) This is exactly the state you want it in for application.

3) Replace the cap with a flip top dispenser cap. (Sold here on AG for pennies)

4) Yes on the foam applicator pad. This is my preferred applicator.

5) Apply it THIN.

6) See tip # 5.

7) In good conditions, (not too hot or humid, and in shade) apply 845 THIN over the entire car/truck. It will not stain trim, but try and be careful not to get it on textured trim nonetheless.

8) You can wait as long as you want for the wipe off. This spring, I actually waited almost 3 hours. It wipes off instantly and effortlessly.

Hope this helps.

Shortspark
07-18-2017, 08:13 PM
Here is another tip I learned from one of the guys here at the forum. You can boost the shine and protection by using 845 as a "topper" every so often after your normal wash when the car is nice and clean. Put it in a mister bottle in the thin, liquid state you mentioned. Do not put it in a spray bottle as that will release too much product. A small mister is just right and you can use it as you would a spray wax. Works really well that way.

Some guys apply it for the actual wax job that way as well. Instead of wipe on/wipe off as you would with the "topper" application, you would give a couple mists per panel and spread it with a wax pad and let it sit for a while before buffing it off. The mister technique almost insures you will not use too much product which is the biggest mistake most people make with 845.

392hemi
07-18-2017, 08:21 PM
All great tips here, read link Mike provided. Main tip is, THIN coats.

Paul A.
07-18-2017, 08:23 PM
I apply 845 with my PC and a gold or red LC foam pad. When the advice is "apply it thin" do exactly that.

Route246
07-18-2017, 08:25 PM
If you have difficulty removing it you can use a quick detailer to help. If you feel you are not getting coverage reapply but keep it thin.

Ruben12
07-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys! Appreciate it!