PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Blower

spielwurfel
07-17-2017, 04:41 PM
Hey guys

Tried to look for topics about this but couldn't find anything.

To dry and entire car, do you think a 400W blower could do the job?
If not, would it be enough to remove water from crevices at least? Or there's a simples option to do this job?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Route246
07-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Do you have the make and model?

PaulMys
07-17-2017, 05:18 PM
I've always used my trusty Echo leaf blower.

But just about any leaf blower or dedicated car blower like a Metro Vac will help big time with the drying process.

Just remember: Use the blower to quickly remove most of the water (i.e. don't dwell on one spot or panel trying to get 100% of the water off), then go over with a drying towel & quick detailer to finish.

Route246
07-17-2017, 05:46 PM
I've always used my trusty Echo leaf blower.

But just about any leaf blower or dedicated car blower like a Metro Vac will help big time with the drying process.

Just remember: Use the blower to quickly remove most of the water (i.e. don't dwell on one spot or panel trying to get 100% of the water off), then go over with a drying towel & quick detailer to finish.

+1

Don't waste time trying to dry a panel or window. Use it to get the majority of the water off then hit it with towels and quick detailer.

VISITOR
07-17-2017, 05:54 PM
if you don't want to spend the money on a dedicated car blower like this (below) then pick up an electric leaf blower, they can be found for around $50. no blower is is going to get every single droplet off the car (you'll waste time chasing that), just blow the majority off and follow up with a qd/spray wax and microfiber towel to get the remaining droplets...

McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-turbo-car-dryer.html)

LSNAutoDetailing
07-17-2017, 05:58 PM
I have the Ego cordless blower and use it on my vehicles. It completely dries my vehicles because I have ceramic coatings on all my vehicles, including coatings on lights, glass and plastic trim. The water just flies away.

On all other vehicles w/out coatings, as Paul states above, it's good to blow out cracks and crevasses, but it will not completely dry the vehicle. For that you would need one of the McKee's Dryer or Metro Side Kick. Hopefully those latter mentioned products will come in a cordless offering soon.

I like the Ego because it's plenty powerful, lithium 56 volt ION battery and it's about 64 DB, vs running a gas powered blower. From about 15 feet away it's pretty quite and neighbors don't complain.

cay7man
07-17-2017, 07:40 PM
I've MAKITA-XBU02Z with 4amp batteries. Just awesome! One of the best purchase ever! I mainly bought for drying the car. Since I've 4 batteries for it, should do the job for fall cleaning as well.

PaulMys
07-17-2017, 08:28 PM
I've MAKITA-XBU02Z with 4amp batteries. Just awesome! One of the best purchase ever! I mainly bought for drying the car. Since I've 4 batteries for it, should do the job for fall cleaning as well.

If it works for you, then it's gold.

mikejames
07-17-2017, 08:57 PM

I bought this one for less then $30. It has a soft rubber nozzle, light weight, small in size, and good power. I use it to blow water out of door jams, cervices, wheels, mirrors, fuel cap, front grille. It does a great job on those duties and I use Griots PFM towels to dry the rest of the car. 1 of the PFM towels will dry my full size Cadillac and the blower keeps the annoying water streaks in check. I got my blower at the big online store that starts with a A.

Sharply Dressed
07-17-2017, 09:45 PM
My Rigid Shop vac has a detachable blower. Works well.

VISITOR
07-17-2017, 09:49 PM

I bought this one for less then $30. It has a soft rubber nozzle, light weight, small in size, and good power. I use it to blow water out of door jams, cervices, wheels, mirrors, fuel cap, front grille. It does a great job on those duties and I use Griots PFM towels to dry the rest of the car. 1 of the PFM towels will dry my full size Cadillac and the blower keeps the annoying water streaks in check. I got my blower at the big online store that starts with a A.

i would rather pay a tad more and get a leaf blower (more air volume). i have one of these i got at walmart on clearance for $7 and i's okay for the small things (as you mentioned) but not enough to blow the majority of the water off the entire car...

jjackkrash
07-17-2017, 09:59 PM
I'm not a pro, but I like blow drying cars and toys. For smaller cars I sometimes use my Makita 18 VOLT LXT Lithium-Ion cordless blower (it works on the same batteries as all my other Makita cordless tools). Its a little power house and very convenient. On SUVs, Trucks, RV, Big Boats, etc., I use the blower attachment for my Stihl Kombi-motor.

cay7man
07-17-2017, 10:30 PM
If it works for you, then it's gold.

Exactly! It really works though bit expensive. May be spielwurfel would consider it. It is good for every nook and grany too. The blower is compact. Two to three passes, I didn't have to use towels...

dennis hiip
07-18-2017, 10:38 AM
I have a Toro. Cheap. Works

spielwurfel
07-18-2017, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the opinions, guys. I guess I'll stick with a blower to dry those damn cracks and crevices, brakes, maybe wheels, and to help removing a good amount of water from those larger panels like roof and hood.
A cheaper one should do the job as you indicated.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk