PDA

View Full Version : Wax with the most filler?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bcgreen
07-16-2017, 08:09 PM
I am thinking that Turtle Wax has the most, but I could be wrong.

Dr Oldz
07-16-2017, 09:05 PM
Prima Banana Gloss. Super easy on and off as an added bonus should u be looking for that kind of product.

bcgreen
07-17-2017, 10:24 AM
Prima Banana Gloss. Super easy on and off as an added bonus should u be looking for that kind of product.

Have you tried Turtle wax as a comparison?

idriveblackcars
07-17-2017, 10:31 AM
You should be checking out glazes instead if you are looking for fillers imo.

Mike Phillips
07-17-2017, 10:34 AM
Any car wax or paint sealant that works is filling.

The product that leaves most of itself behind would be the one with the most filling.

I think the word "fillers" is confusing as it relates to protection products.

I think I wrote an article about this a few years ago... I'll find it.

:)

Mike Phillips
07-17-2017, 10:37 AM
Here you go...

Any wax, paint sealant or coating that works fills to some degree (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/54367-any-wax-paint-sealant-coating-works-fills-some-degree.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1308/1957BelairExtremeMakeover074.jpg

Mike Phillips
07-17-2017, 10:38 AM
And just to add....

My guess would be any true hard wax if applied to a polished surface and allowed to fully dry before removing would fill the best.

NXT Tech Wax was in part formulated to fill well. It's not a wax but a sealant.

bcgreen
07-17-2017, 11:55 AM
And just to add....

My guess would be any true hard wax if applied to a polished surface and allowed to fully dry before removing would fill the best.

NXT Tech Wax was in part formulated to fill well. It's not a wax but a sealant.

I have Collinite 876 and Griot's Fast Wax and Mequiar's Speed Glaze. The car has sealant on it already. I haven't tried Meguiar's as a filler, but I've noticed Collinite and Griot's don't do the covering I am looking for. I am not talking about major scratches only the kind that can barely be seen outside at certain angles. Looking to get the very last minute surface scratches that nobody but the most anal guys would see, and everyone else are not bothered by or cannot see what I am talking about.
Have you done a comparison between the NXT and Turtle Wax to see which fills better. Won't buy anything until I hear which fills better.
I am going to use whatever product fills the best when I will be doing a concourse show event in the near future.

Mike Phillips
07-17-2017, 12:07 PM
Have you done a comparison between the NXT and Turtle Wax to see which fills better. Won't buy anything until I hear which fills better.

I am going to use whatever product fills the best when I will be doing a concourse show event in the near future.

I have not done any testing that uses any TW product, at least not for years.

I think you can pick up both for a total of around $20.00 - maybe take one for the team. Get them, test them, take pictures, create a thread.

etnops
07-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Poorboy's Natty Blue seems to fill very nicely...as does 3M Perfect-It Show Car Wax.

I'd go with Poorboy's though. MUCH easier to apply and remove.

Why not use a dedicated glaze, and then a wax on top?

Desertnate
07-17-2017, 01:42 PM

That would be my vote. Poorboys Black Hole or White Diamond would do the job very well depending on the color of the car and both will be a good base for a sealant. Prima Amigo is another good choice, but it doesn't fill as well as the Poorboys products do. I very long time ago I used 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, but have no memory of how well it filled. All I remember is it making my silver car look pretty good.

bcgreen
07-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Poorboy's Natty Blue seems to fill very nicely...as does 3M Perfect-It Show Car Wax.

I'd go with Poorboy's though. MUCH easier to apply and remove.

Just used Mequiar's Speed Glaze and topped it with Coll 876 x 2 with not much( minor) of a filling effect.

etnops
07-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Poorboy's Black Hole or White Diamond glaze first. Apply glaze, and allow to haze. Then go right in with Natty's Blue wax, right over the hazed glaze. Allow the whole thing to haze up (again), and buff off. This combo does quite the job on filling imperfections.

bcgreen
07-17-2017, 03:42 PM
Apply the glaze by PC or hand?

evo77
07-17-2017, 04:12 PM
I've really considered trying the Poorboys Black Hole. Our Dodge is graphite metallic in color and I polished it last summer. Then in the winter we took it a few times to a hand car wash place (when it was super cold) and they put some minor marring in it. I really don't want to polish it all over again and would rather fill and protect.:surrender: