PDA

View Full Version : Hey from Asheville

Grungydan
07-16-2017, 09:19 AM
Hey all.

I'm Daniel from Asheville, NC. Long time hobbyist on my own and family vehicles that's about to try to make the move to part time (at first) mobile detailer.

I'm in the early stages of getting better set up to make a business of this as far as mobile appropriate equipment and supplies goes, and I'm sure I'll be on here more and more as time goes on.

My experience covers several makes and models already, mostly midrange vehicles since it has always been F&F work, and I've gotten some pretty sweet results over the years even at the hobbyist "buy whatever they say works well and Armor All is awesome cause I don't know any better" levels. My main "expertise" is in interior restoration, and my exterior work has up to now been limited to good quality wash and wax. I plan to move into paint correction work as well, but will not be offering it as a service until I reach a point at which I feel comfortable enough with my tools and technique to do so. Toward that I am starting by getting some panels from a scrapper in a few colors and paints, and plan to move from that to my personal vehicles, then F&F, then the public. My initial services will be interior clean & protect, exterior wash, wax, decontamination, and protection, and additional services of headlight & trim resto. Still working out my menu, but like I said, I'm in early stages so lots of room and time since it's not my main job.

My POV is a 2005 Honda CR-V in "everyone owns one" YR550M Sahara Sand Metallic. It's still in some pretty dire need of correction, which I plan to do myself.

My other vehicle is a 2001 Toyota Camry in Super White that I picked up as a temp vehicle for my wife while her Rav is in the shop for extended work. It's interior was thrashed (tobacco spit cup spilled under driver's seat and not so much as soaked up with a towel, dogs riding in it dirty, cigarette burns thrashed) and I've done what I could with it. (Unfortunately my before pics were lost when my phone #### the bed and had to be factory reset before the pics could be backed up.) The paint is in pretty garbage condition, and I plan to mess with is as well. I should have some pics of that process once I get around to doing it.

And then there's my wife's Rav-4 in 3R3 Barcelona Red Metallic, which I will be doing another interior job and eventual paint correction on once we have it back.

Looking forward to continuing to learn from you all, and I hope to contribute what I can as I am able.

Cheers.

Hammer77
07-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the addiction Dan!

VR8
07-16-2017, 07:35 PM
Welcome Dan. And at the end of a hard day polishing, you have some of the best beer available on the east coast to quench your thirst. If you partake that is.

Kamakaz1961
07-16-2017, 09:38 PM
Welcome to AGO!

Bunky
07-17-2017, 06:32 AM
Welcome from Hillsborough.

Pats300zx
07-17-2017, 07:12 AM
Welcome to AGO !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-17-2017, 07:35 AM
Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

Paul A.
07-17-2017, 08:13 AM
Welcome Dan!

BadgerRivFan
07-17-2017, 08:46 AM
Welcome aboard Daniel. Asheville is a beautiful place!

Sizzle Chest
07-17-2017, 06:33 PM
Welcome!!!