PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Rupes polisher pads

nickbosco
07-15-2017, 08:46 PM
Hello all, Im looking to get a Rupes polisher soon and have heard several pieces of conflicting info. I have seen posts about the need to only use Rupes pads on their polishers to prevent them coming off while polishing. I have also seen many people using other brand pads on Rupes machines. Is this something I should be worried about as I purchase pads? Also, assuming i can use other brand pads, what are some favorites that you guys use?

mwoywod
07-15-2017, 10:12 PM
Rupes is great as a system and most people typically recommend using it with the rupes pads and polishes.

That said, I think the Buff & Shine Uro-tec pads (Rupes copy cat pads) are superior in every way. They are WAY more durable, just as smooth, and significantly cheaper.

The maroon and yellow are the only two uro-tec pads I use. The maroon pad is a beast and very well-rounded

The maroon buff & shine pads are the most durable and more versatile pads I've ever used

nickbosco
07-15-2017, 11:10 PM
Perfect answer to my question. Thanks for the response!

Joel1979
07-16-2017, 02:31 AM
Rupes is great as a system and most people typically recommend using it with the rupes pads and polishes.

That said, I think the Buff & Shine Uro-tec pads (Rupes copy cat pads) are superior in every way. They are WAY more durable, just as smooth, and significantly cheaper.

The maroon and yellow are the only two uro-tec pads I use. The maroon pad is a beast and very well-rounded

The maroon buff & shine pads are the most durable and more versatile pads I've ever used

How is cut/finish of the maroon compared to Rupes green or uhs pads?