PDA

View Full Version : Detailing, a young mans game

Pages : [1] 2

Richs66
07-14-2017, 08:49 PM
LOL, finally finished up the car today, took me 3+ days, forgot to mention, I'm old & slow............but that puppy is looking great I might add..........forgot to buy the 3" orange pads, but otherwise it came out great...........

Man I don"t know how you guys do it............the top and hood, was no problem, but that kneeling to do the sides was killing me., even the beer didn"t take the pain away. LOL

Wanted to thank everyone that helped me out with this...........so now I'm gonna knock out the other car.

Hd speed & Poxy, looking real good............you can tell in that last pic I have some modeling experience. LOL

Would have been done faster, but some beer was involved..........you know us Wisc folks need the juice. LOL

Rich

PaulMys
07-14-2017, 08:59 PM
WOW!

Awesome job, Rich. I SAID AWESOME JOB, RICH!! in case your hearing aid was out......... ;)

Seriously, though. That is a great job. Beautiful car. Great job, my friend!!

DaveT435
07-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Looks great!! Beer is always involved...

Belair
07-14-2017, 09:21 PM
I know what you mean. With each passing year the same car seems more and more daunting; arthritic joints are the inevitable enemy.

lj993
07-14-2017, 10:05 PM
��. So true. How can using a polisher result in so much soreness the next day! Phil

Klasse Act
07-14-2017, 10:51 PM
Car came out great, nice depth! Don't forget to dress those tires, can I suggest "a tire coating"💡

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Route246
07-14-2017, 11:05 PM
Invest in a mechanic's roller seat to save your back. I'm on my third one. Finally sprung for a pro model and it is well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

custmsprty
07-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Car came out great, nice depth! Don't forget to dress those tires, can I suggest "a tire coating"💡

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I was wondering who would be the first one to go there, you won :applause:

hmardown
07-15-2017, 06:12 AM
Rich
I hear you on the bending over. car looks great. I sometimes find it's easier if I go through the trouble of jacking up the car. when I got the car jacked up I try & take advantage with some detailing. as far as my pickup that sits a little higher & is easier. I'll be 68 next week & it don't get any easier.
hmardown

BillE
07-15-2017, 07:36 AM
As someone (also) of an 'advanced age'...4 words...just take your time.

It is a real b***h to have accept that we just ain't kids any more (damn!).

Bill

Aaryn NZ
07-15-2017, 03:43 PM
Looks fantastic. :xyxthumbs:

I would like to own a Challenger some day, I'm an early VW guy but as a nice daily driver one of these would squeal my wheels. Great colour too, very nice. Good job. :xyxthumbs:

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

pilotpip
07-15-2017, 03:59 PM
Looks great!

Here's the best part: It gets easier/faster after you do it a few times.

briarpatch
07-15-2017, 04:58 PM
I'm with you, brother....I ain't as young as springtime no more, either. I do not envy the guys who do this every day. Nice work...ride looks awesome

Route246
07-15-2017, 05:06 PM
I'm with you, brother....I ain't as young as springtime no more, either. I do not envy the guys who do this every day. Nice work...ride looks awesome

As someone who is up there in years with a mostly sedentary job, as for the detailing I do on the weekend, it is a good aerobic workout and much needed. I tend to work intensely, sweat a lot, elevate my heart rate to above 130 and end up pretty tired when I'm done. It is far more interesting than running or swimming laps which is my other form of exercise. One thing I do notice is my shoulders and upper body get a really good workout while washing and detailing four vehicles on the weekend.

Kevin845
07-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Looks great, well done. I feel your pain, in the last 3 months, had bursitis in my knee and tendonitis in my foot. All at 52 years old.

Not sure my pride can take another ache or pain that ends in itis!!! Only positive is prescription ibuprofen and naproxen work wonders.