PDA

View Full Version : HD Speed & Proxy

Richs66
07-13-2017, 04:45 PM
Hey Guys, just a follow up from my 7 yrs & 1st clay job.............all I got done today was the hood & Trunk, oh yeah, not a swirl I can find anywhere there, except in the black, but that's not paint, its a decal, so I got most of them out on the black, good enough for me.

Looked good yesterday with just the clay deal, but that puppy is looking great today, took some pics in the sun, hopefully you can see the shine.............its looking good.

The only problem I had today besides being really slow, was it was cloudy when is started, of course the sun came out when I was halfway done...............seemed to wipe off good, so I don"t know if the sun affected it or not.

I see I have to get faster doing this stuff though, got two cars and I'm only getting a panel or two whenever I get to them, GOD knows how long it would take to do the whole car.

Just seems like everyday the humidly is sky high lately, so I can only do it for a few hours here and there, but I"ll get it done.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try to do the sides.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help on getting me started...........oh yeah, For Paul, I spelled proxy right, I kew that must have kept you up for half the night yesterday. LOL

One last question, any suggestion on products I can use in the sun............I have a garage, its only a two car, so moving stuff around is a pita.

Thanks

Rich

Richs66
07-13-2017, 04:53 PM
LMAO...........I see I'm still spelling poxy wrong.........This should drive Paul right over the edge. LOL

Poxy, Poxy, Poxy................I think I got it..............although the other way looks better.

Poxy Rich

DetailKitty
07-13-2017, 06:07 PM
Ha! I love this combo... glad you do as well.
Though you should not, they both do ok in the sun if you get caught.
Sadly I have no recommendations for products that are sun safe. All of mine say NO.

But good luck and looking good!

Richs66
07-13-2017, 07:26 PM
Ha! I love this combo... glad you do as well.
Though you should not, they both do ok in the sun if you get caught.
Sadly I have no recommendations for products that are sun safe. All of mine say NO.

But good luck and looking good!

Thanks DK.....the shine is better than I ever thought , that last pic of the hood is the house across the street.

Still gotta look into something I can do in the sun, or at least cloudy days..........im thinking of sucking up to the neighbor lady, she has a big garage. LOL

Rich

jserr052
07-13-2017, 10:20 PM
I took forever to do my vehicle... in a small 1 car garage too! I think it takes a good bit of time before you can go through the process quick enough without sacrificing quality. If you can stomach it, keep doing what you're doing, it's looking awesome!

...and def suck up to the neighbor. The bigger the garage the better!