PDA

View Full Version : what products for porus trim

jeepe
12-12-2007, 07:47 PM
on porus plastic,rubber,and vinyl trim, what are the more popular products to use that will not run and stain your paint when it rains and that will last.

ScottB
12-12-2007, 09:53 PM
I got lucky enough to score the Einszett offering prior to sell out. It is waterproof, and a perfect matte appearance. If I see more, I will post the link.

budman3
12-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Poorboy's Trim Restorer. Check out this thread:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/6402-poorboy-s-trim-restorer-process-pics.html

It lasts about a month after a few applications and its very easy to apply every 3-4 weeks. It'll clean the trim free of any dirt or wax, protect it, it dries to the touch (doesn't streak) and looks great. It'll last through the rain as you'll see in the above thread. Great stuff indeed.

Bonifax
12-13-2007, 12:51 AM
I've used Black Again and it's wonderful and very cheap.

AjNavo61490
12-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Meguiar's All-Season Dressing

justin_murphy
12-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Meg's Hyper Dressing works good on trim. When I'm protecting a vehicle's paint with Poorboy's Polish with Sealant (PwS), I use it on all trim. Never had any problems and it last a long time. Optimum's Opti-Seal works wonders too. I'm trying to save you some time and money by offering a single product for paint and trim.

Mr Dream Machines
12-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I burnish them by hand or rotary.
hated the lacklustre durability of dressings so I eliminated all of them from my shop and won't use ever again

All that is needed is a monthly QD with AJT by towel and they stay reflective and shiny forever.

- Final step of trim dream

- Results of trim dream

Works on wiper arms, paint and many types of trim including injected resin and composites where the more you polish the smoother, clearer and shinier the material becomes

Bonifax
12-13-2007, 07:27 PM
And how do you polish the trim? I mean, do you use any product or just a finese pad on the rotary? I looks amazing!

budman3
12-13-2007, 07:33 PM
I burnish them by hand or rotary.
hated the lacklustre durability of dressings so I eliminated all of them from my shop and won't use ever again

All that is needed is a monthly QD with AJT by towel and they stay reflective and shiny forever.

Works on wiper arms, paint and many types of trim including injected resin and composites where the more you polish the smoother, clearer and shinier the material becomes

Never heard / seen that before ... quite interesting!!! Loved the videos, however I don't see this working on textures or porous trim like fenderflares on a Jeep or wiper cowls. My only concern would be damaging the trim with the rotary ... a new thread with your process would be greatly appreciated.

Bonifax
12-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Never heard / seen that before ... quite interesting!!! Loved the videos, however I don't see this working on textures or porous trim like fenderflares on a Jeep or wiper cowls. My only concern would be damaging the trim with the rotary ... a new thread with your process would be greatly appreciated.
:whs:

Mr Dream Machines
12-14-2007, 06:48 PM
And how do you polish the trim? I mean, do you use any product or just a finese pad on the rotary? I looks amazing!

It's a custom blend of some very expensive and not so expensive non abrasive products

It works even better by hand actually, and will really lift the quality of textureds up and I'm testing it on bumpers as well

Subaru Liberty's and WRX get the most dramatic improvement from it
Fender Flares - hmm by hand only. not a good idea to machine that, probably take the shiny top coat off due to the heat

There's not much trim, wiper arms, spoilers and paint that it wont work on
By hand, you use high speed but no pressure for some time and finish up with slow speed once you see the new shine appear.

The last product in the kit is a polish and a super strong sealant

The spray I use also restores and enhances soft trims and is a killer QD for windows and paintwork.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/DreamMachines/th_MOV02724.jpg (http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/DreamMachines/?action=view&current=MOV02724.flv)