PDA

View Full Version : 7 Years & its first clay job.

Richs66
07-12-2017, 05:51 PM
2010 Dodge Challenger, bought the car 5 ys ago, knew the owner and he never did anything to it............neither did I.

Was gonna do the whole kit & caboodle to it today, but we had thunderstroms every now and then. So today it got the wash & "Clayzilla"............this week its gonna get the HD Speed & Proxy.

Now this is my everyday driver...........from 90 some degrees to 20 some below, so its seen everything.

Been trying to learn some stuff here and did a search on Cali car dusters and water blades. WOW, seems like no middle ground on these two subjects.............well this car has only seen the car duster and water blade, doesn"t look too shabby for using these items. Not trying to start a debate on this using these items............just seems they get a bad wrap for whatever reason.

Just seems odd that I see guys at car shows saying they would never use these items, yet there laying on the car with there Lee jeans, also no problem dropping a beer on the finish, just wipe it up with there hands they just ate 3 burgers with, that's ok, just don't use that damn duster, will wreck the paint. LOL

Enough of my rant................got to say its looking good, can"t wait to slap some polish on that puppy tomorrow, if it ever stop raining here.

Forgot to add, cheapy wax applied, that's the way I roll. LOL.............hoping the speed & proxy really bring out the shine.

Rich

Richs66
07-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Sorry about that last pic, it sucked.............I think the problem with the black looking right, its not paint , its a decal, still has a few swirls in the black, so hoping I can buff them out.

Rich

PaulMys
07-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Nice ride, Rich. I'm a Mopar guy. Love the Challengers.

Hope your weather cooperates to get your products on. And.......... Let me speak for all of us here. STOP calling HD Poxy "Proxy". You're KILLING us!! :laughing::laughing:

As for the Cali duster, you're right. It's a Love or hate product. Myself, I love mine. Great to get that layer of dust or pollen off my truck right after I washed it the day before. It linted a bit when new, but the more you use it the better it works. Just my experience with it. :props:

Richs66
07-12-2017, 06:37 PM
Hey Paul, officer of the spelling police. LOL..........called 3M up, they admitted they were spelling it wrong all these years..........proxy is the correct spelling. LOL...........you know I'm old and if the red line doesn"t come up under the word, I'm good to go.

Rich

PaulMys
07-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Hey Paul, officer of the spelling police. LOL..........called 3M up, they admitted they were spelling it wrong all these years..........proxy is the correct spelling. LOL...........you know I'm old and if the red line doesn"t come up under the word, I'm good to go.

Rich

Lmao!

You are a good sport, Rich.

But really, awesome car. Can't wait to hear how the Speed & Poxy work on it.

Not sure if the clears are similar, but my Ram ('12) has a medium/hard clear coat in my estimation.

Dan K
07-12-2017, 09:34 PM
I have to agree with Paul, please stop with the "proxy". :nomore: (Of course, every time I try to type poxy my iPad wants to autocorrect it to proxy)

Also, if you called 3M you were talking to the wrong company, you should have called 3D. :poke:

Kidding aside, you will love speed and poxy. They will definitely bring the shine and speed is very easy to use.

Richs66
07-13-2017, 09:14 AM
3M.... 3D, at least I got one of the letters right. LOL

Rich

Ryanm
07-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Love a nice red challenger, sometimes wish I had went for a red one when I see one that's taken care of. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

briarpatch
07-13-2017, 01:54 PM
Speed and Poxy will be awesome on that ride

PaulMys
07-14-2017, 08:46 PM
3M.... 3D, at least I got one of the letters right. LOL

Rich

Rich's HS Yearbook:

Favorite number- Blue.