PDA

View Full Version : Glazes?

Pages : [1] 2

Excessive Detail
12-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Does anybody here use any type of glaze, like Megs. Show Car #7, I found some in my closet and not sure whats the best way to use it, I thought that is was used just to add a temporary wet shine, maybe apply last on top of everything? I'm not sure, any advice.

Sevenrd
12-11-2007, 10:13 PM
I rarely use glazes. But occasionally I'll use RMG on my own car. Most glazes are meant to be used underneath a nuba. Although I believe ## sells one that can be used underneath a sealant.

A glaze will give a bit more wetness to the shine and conceal some minor swirlling, but once it's gone of course the swirls return.

EDIT: I guess should've written "...another manufacturer sells one that can be used underneath a sealant."

Bert31
12-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Does anybody here use any type of glaze, like Megs. Show Car #7, I found some in my closet and not sure whats the best way to use it, I thought that is was used just to add a temporary wet shine, maybe apply last on top of everything? I'm not sure, any advice.

That are two types of Glazes. oil based and acrylic based. With an oil based glaze, it can only be used under a carnauba wax, a sealant will not bond to it. You can put it on top of a sealant but then the sealant will not be protecting it and it will wash off after a few washes/rain storms.

An acrylic glaze can but used under a sealant (and a carnauba I believe). I just purchased Danase Wet Glaze tonight. It is an acrylic based glaze.

Jimmie
12-12-2007, 12:21 AM
I use a glaze topped with carnauba for the extra wet effect. I've read on here that show car guys will put #7 on last for a really amped up wet look. They only get about a day from it and it's gone. No durability.

6LS2
12-12-2007, 07:09 AM
I'll only use a glaze on my families car if they're going to sell it.. example

Say my dad was going to a car dealership so they could give him a price of what they'd give, I'd glaze it the day before :)

but for a daily driver it's a waste imo, dont really last

jshillin
12-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Glazes are great just before your LSP... I have had good luck with DWG, RMG, Menzerna Glaze, and megs #7. I prefer DWG out of all of them because you can apply a sealant or carnauba on top. It brings out a nice deep shine before you apply your lsp... It's personal preference and really depends on the color as well.

richy
12-12-2007, 03:56 PM
I love the little added wetness RMG gives to black and metallics..

lethalxls1
12-12-2007, 05:28 PM
^ I agree RMG is awsome on black. It made a huge difference as far as a deep,wet,dark look before carnuba.

Dieseldan
12-13-2007, 02:51 AM
I have RMG,## acrylic glaze,Megs 7,HD cleanse and imo rmg is the best out there VERY easy to use and gives a nice bump in shine.

u can also mix vm with rmg and make a nice combo called pink moose (SW)

Fly bye
12-13-2007, 04:16 AM

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/html/emoticons/rofl.gif

zaxjax
12-13-2007, 09:51 AM
I use it #7 as a topper right before car shows. It has no durablitity and doesn't offer any protection, but does make Mytsichrome shine and pop more!

Bert31
12-13-2007, 10:08 AM
I have RMG,## acrylic glaze,Megs 7,HD cleanse and imo rmg is the best out there VERY easy to use and gives a nice bump in shine.

I always assumed HD Cleanse was a paint cleaner due to its name.

Mr Dream Machines
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Sometimes I do
I no longer use Clearkote as I found I wasn't getting any improvement after 106FF
I really like Amigo, a polymer glaze that allows any sealant to bond with it. Smells like mud cake.

Dieseldan
12-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I always assumed HD Cleanse was a paint cleaner due to its name.

It basically is but it also lays a nice glaze type look after application. it is hard to describe it is not oily but gives a nice clean shine to help the wax bond to the paint

Bert31
12-14-2007, 02:00 PM
It basically is but it also lays a nice glaze type look after application. it is hard to describe it is not oily but gives a nice clean shine to help the wax bond to the paint

I may have to give it a try sometime. Does AG sell it?