PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Une
07-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Hello guys
i have a problem need help. I used meguiars apc to clean car clothe seat. I diluted it to 10 to 1 for light use and 4 to 1 for heavy use. I just spray apc on to clothe seat let it sit for some second then scrub it with brush and then mop it up with microfiber cloth. But i don't know why after drying seat clothe become stiff and hard.. Can ppl tell me why it happened like this what i am doing wrong.

dcjredline
07-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Ive used Meguiar's D101 alot on cloth seats and not seen this problem. The only thing I can think of is maybe you used too much and the product dried on the seats. If you brush it after its dried does that help it soften up again? Do you have a wet/dry vacuum? You can spray it down with distilled water and vacuum it off right away.

DaveT435
07-08-2017, 09:21 PM
Could be residue left on the seat. Did you try spraying the seats with water and soaking up?

Une
07-09-2017, 05:45 AM
I don't have wet and dry vacuum. I just have small dry vacuum and its not powerful enough. I will try to bursh maybe it will soften up. Dose using a tap water or distilled water make any difference in dilution.

TMQ
07-09-2017, 06:13 AM
Doesn't matter. Just wet it and use towels to blot it dry and see if that helps.

Tom

sethr
07-24-2017, 10:00 AM
APC is scary anyway. Why they put colorant in it is beyond me.

So, no vac and doesn't sound like a good rinse. It is kind of like using PrepAll to take stuff off paint, but not wiping IT off with a clean cloth-it spreads the goop. It sounds like one or both of two things happened:
1. The APC dissolved the crud on your seat covers, which then dried into a crust-like surface
2. The APC deep cleaned, and without a rinse of some kind drew old crud out of the upholstery and foam.

At minimum, you should clean cloth damp-only rinse, then blot with a dry towel pressing into the upholstery. A fan blowing INSIDE the vehicle is necessary to stop mold from forming. Especially if you aren't vaccing.