PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Pages : [1] 2

Excessive Detail
12-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Hey guyz, I purchased some Pinnacle Soap not to long ago, sorry not from AG, sorry guyz, I have heard a lot of hype about this stuff, but after putting a max 4 ounces in my foam gun I cant get hardly any foam, and when I put 3 ounce in my 5 gal bucket I can't get any suds either, I figured 3 would be more than enough since it only calls for .5 oz per 2-3 gals, can anybody give me some help with this.

dontsleeponit
12-11-2007, 10:21 PM
I havent used it myself, but I think the general consensus is that it is not a very foamy soap, but it has plenty of lubricity to it. Maybe not the best choice for the foam gun, try mixing with another soap to get the best of both worlds.

pinnacle is trhland's favorite soap, he can tell you all you want to know about it. I dont remember if he said it foams well for him or not.

I also think I remember reading that pinnacle soap is very concentrated and not much is really needed.

ASPHALT ROCKET
12-11-2007, 10:36 PM
if you have hard water it will not sud very well. i have noticed this when i dont use a filter when washing vehicles.

supercharged
12-12-2007, 05:04 AM
Hey guyz, I purchased some Pinnacle Soap not to long ago, sorry not from AG, sorry guyz, I have heard a lot of hype about this stuff, but after putting a max 4 ounces in my foam gun I cant get hardly any foam, and when I put 3 ounce in my 5 gal bucket I can't get any suds either, I figured 3 would be more than enough since it only calls for .5 oz per 2-3 gals, can anybody give me some help with this.
I think it sucks in a foam gun, but works well in a bucket! 1-2 oz is all you need.

ScottB
12-12-2007, 07:07 PM
are you sure the package was new ?? Does it smell like coconuts and an almost clear liquid ?? I get reasonable foam and as noted lots of lubrication when using. I find it best for carnauba finishes as cleans without stripping wax.

med
12-13-2007, 06:36 AM
Never had a problem with suds. I don't use in the gun.

justin_murphy
12-13-2007, 07:11 AM
I too have some of the Pinnacle Shampoo and was disappointed compared to my NXT soap. I had to use twice the amount in the bucket so I just never tried in the foam gun. It smells nice, but just didn't clean well for what I'm washing on a daily basis. Maybe it works best with filtered water and lightly dirty car.

trhland
12-13-2007, 07:55 AM
i have it and like it it might not sud as much as optimum but has lots of lubricity. and remember coconut oils. how ever i would only use it on my trucks not customers cars i wouldt go with something alittle stronger

zaxjax
12-13-2007, 09:48 AM
I've used it and it works great in a bucket, but I haven't tried it in a gun. It did have lots of lube but not a lot of suds compared to other washes I've used.

Jimmie
12-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I mix a lot of soaps in the foam gun just for more suds. The main two that I will add are Optimum (almost too many suds alone) and NTS7 (just a little left).

trhland
12-13-2007, 01:23 PM
optimum foams just about the same as d/p extreme foam in the gun ive noticed.

D
12-13-2007, 03:07 PM
are you sure the package was new ?? Does it smell like coconuts and an almost clear liquid ?? I get reasonable foam and as noted lots of lubrication when using. I find it best for carnauba finishes as cleans without stripping wax.

Did they come out with a new formula?

trhland
12-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Did they come out with a new formula?
no just bodywork shampoo

D
12-13-2007, 04:34 PM
ok, because mine is not clear at all and it smells like DP interior cleaner and protectant... bananas.

trhland
12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
ok, because mine is not clear at all and it smells like DP interior cleaner and protectant... bananas.
you body work shampoo smells like bannas? its supossed to smell like coconut